Fingerprint reader not working on Chrome

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Fingerprint reader not working on Chrome

Postby zierde01 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:06 pm

I noticed a new looking login page today, I'm guessing a new version of the chrome extension was released...I am no longer prompted for my fingerprint, now it only accepts my typed password. I attempted to uncheck the fingerprint box in the system settings for LastPass, and to re-add it, which did bring up the fingerprint prompt while it was registering the change, but when I logout and back in, it again only asks for typed password. The extension says it is version 2.0.7
zierde01

Re: Fingerprint reader not working on Chrome

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:37 pm

I would check this out. I think you need the binary plugin installed in order for the fingerprint reader to work.

http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/security-o ... ngerprint/

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=sh ... 0component
jpenny84

Postby zierde01 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm not on my laptop now, I'll check out the links, but the fingerprint scanner was working for me before the update.
zierde01

Postby delebre » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:21 am

I have the exact same problem myself. I checked out those links that jpenny84 provided. Neither of them were helpful. The first link because it was irrelevant for me (there isn't anything wrong with my reader, and it has been enabled in lastpass for a long time), and the second link lead me to find that I already do have the binary component version of LP installed. The issue is with what I believe to be the latest update of the Lastpass extension.

I have been using Google Chrome and Lastpass for a couple of years now. I had finally gotten it set up the way I liked it. However, something with Lastpass has recently changed and it has thrown a wrench into the works.

I use Lastpass with a fingerprint reader. It's convenient because I don't have to enter in my high-security password every time. It's been working beautifully for a long time.
As of the latest update of Lastpass (v2.0.7), I noticed that there is a very new login prompt:

LastPass Login.JPG

I now have to input my password manually every single time, and the fingerprint reader is not working.

Here is what I have discovered in the last 2 days.
Downloading the Universal Installer gives me a Chrome Extension of version (2.0.2) - This is consistent with what the download page says.
Everything works and runs beautifully.
After a little while, the extension is automatically updated (how do I stop this?) to version 2.0.7, which breaks the fingerprint reader from being used to login.

To further complicate this, when I have version 2.0.2 installed (which I had gotten straight from the Lastpass website!) I noticed that when I visit the Lastpass Support page, it has a big yellow warning on the page telling me that the latest version is 2.0.6, even though I know that the latest version is 2.0.7!

Lastpass Extension - HiLite.JPG

So there are 3 different versions floating around right now, the latest seems to be shoved down my throat even though I don't want it. Google Chrome App is saying 2.0.6 is the latest. And the universal installer gives me version 2.0.2. ARGH! :xI have a somewhat different but also similar situation myself. I have been using Google Chrome and Lastpass for a couple of years now. I had finally gotten it set up the way I liked it. However, something with Lastpass has recently changed and it has thrown a wrench into the works.
delebre

Postby delebre » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:08 am

I fixed it.. I've been working with this for days, and finally after trying a ton of different combinations.. I found why the fingerprint reader is not working!

Go to Lastpass preferences > Advanced > Place a check mark in 'Open a login dialog when start browser'

Now, this may seem 'duh' to some of you.. however, this setting was one I USED TO have to UNCHECK. I don't ALWAYS need to log in to Lastpass when opening my browser.

However, it seems that now I am forced to, if I want to continue using my fingerprint at ALL.

This is a bug, that I am sure will be fixed soon. At least for now, the thing is working. Though I am annoyed that I have to login to lastpass everytime I open up Chrome. Hitting escape or cancel the will pop up a new login tab, which I then have to close. Grrrr. I liked the old way!
delebre

Postby zierde01 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Verified that I have binary installed. I checked the preferences, but I already have a check in the "Open login dialog when start browser" already. I tried unchecking it, logging out then in, then checking it then logging out then in...but it still doesn't ask for the fingerprint. So for me, this is still an issue.
zierde01

Postby delebre » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:30 pm

It seems that this functionality is not fully supported by the most recent Lastpass. I expect there will be a fix soon. I've already submitted a support ticket.
delebre

Postby zierde01 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:26 pm

delebre Wrote:It seems that this functionality is not fully supported by the most recent Lastpass. I expect there will be a fix soon. I've already submitted a support ticket.

I also put in a support ticket yesterday.
zierde01

Postby delebre » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Let's keep each other (and the rest of those following this thread) updated. Whatever you hear, post on here. I will do the same. :ugeek:
delebre

Postby delebre » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:10 pm

It's been fixed! It doesn't look like they updated the plugin to version 2.0.8, but this bug is resolved. You can download a fix here: https://lastpass.com/dlpre
delebre

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting