Which Download

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Which Download

Postby jestaminnit » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Hello
Last pass has been recommended by a user in a forum, I visit.
I realise this forum is normally used for people who are experiencing problems, but I am just looking for some advice please.

1/ I would like to download lastpass, but when I go to the site and click download it suggest downloading the recommended system for my pc, adjacent to that is one for universal windows download. I am unsure which to use, my pc is WindowsXP. Do I use the Recommended button, or the windows button?

2/ It also metions checking if you have a 32bit or 64 bit?( whatever that is)
I checked where was suggested, in control panel, but there was nothing there to confirm either 32 or 64.

As you will probably realise from all this, I am a complete numpty (lol) :? when it comes to pc's and the like.
With that in mind, I would appreciate it, if your advice and answers take that into account. :D
jestaminnit

Re: Which Download

Postby jonat » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Yes, it is confusing. Just use the "recommended" download - it detects which system you're using and recommends the right one. The Windows downloader (32-bit) is what you'll get.

Enjoy using LastPass and don't hesitate to ask here if you have further questions.
jonat

Re: Which Download

Postby jestaminnit » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:35 am

jonat Wrote:Yes, it is confusing. Just use the "recommended" download - it detects which system you're using and recommends the right one. The Windows downloader (32-bit) is what you'll get.

Enjoy using LastPass and don't hesitate to ask here if you have further questions.

Thankyou very much :D
jestaminnit

Return to Windows Installer Questions