Windows authentication

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Windows authentication

Postby ambldx » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Lastpass doesnt seem to recognize what I have seen some call "Windows Authentication" like the login screen on the router on my local network at 192.168.1.1. See pic attached.

Any ideas beyond storing the info in a secure note? Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Andrew
ScreenShot049.jpg
ambldx

Re: Windows authentication

Postby Lars » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:41 pm

After you enter your credentials, but before clicking OK, click on the LastPass Icon and select "Save all".
Lars

Postby kilgry » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Wow, didn't realize you could use LastPass to login to these dialog boxes as well. Nice.
kilgry

Postby ambldx » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:23 pm

In my case, that does not work. Referring to the graphic in my orignal post:

If I click anywhere on the LastPass icon on the parent window it just "beeps" nothing else happens. This is true if I click anywhere outside the popup window.\

If I hover on the red asterisk [*] in the header bar of the popup login window (left of "?" and "X") it says "LastPass" and if I click on the same spot it says "Not saved with LastPass."

Not a good sign. I guess I should have mentioned this to begin with.

Any more ideas?
Thanks,
Andrew
ambldx

Postby ambldx » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Lars Wrote:After you enter your credentials, but before clicking OK, click on the LastPass Icon and select "Save all".

In my case, that does not work. Referring to the graphic in my orignal post:

If I click anywhere on the LastPass icon on the parent window it just "beeps" nothing else happens. This is true if I click anywhere outside the popup window.\

If I hover on the red asterisk [*] in the header bar of the popup login window (left of "?" and "X") it says "LastPass" and if I click on the same spot it says "Not saved with LastPass."

Not a good sign. I guess I should have mentioned this to begin with.

Any more ideas?
Thanks,
Andrew
ambldx

Postby mmccurdy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 pm

I, too, have this problem and need an answer. Windows 7 Enterprise here.
mmccurdy

Postby brantgurga » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Some of those Windows authentication dialogs run at a higher mandatory integrity level. As a result a normal application at medium integrity level can't interact with it. The mechanisms Windows users to keep those dialogs secure are likely the reason programs like Lastpass for Applications can't interact with them.
brantgurga

Postby ambldx » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am

brantgurga Wrote:Some of those Windows authentication dialogs run at a higher mandatory integrity level. As a result a normal application at medium integrity level can't interact with it. The mechanisms Windows users to keep those dialogs secure are likely the reason programs like Lastpass for Applications can't interact with them.

Here's some more info. I am running IE8 on Win XP Pro as administrator and am a former Roboform 6.9.x version user. Roboform had no problem with the same login dialog. So if it is an integrity issue, Roboform has it figured out....

Andrew
ambldx

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:54 am

You're obviously seeing the icon in the window itself -- Are you seeing the save notification bar on the next page after you login? Are you selecting to save when you do? This is definitely a working use case -- Firefox is much cleaner at it than IE so that might be a quick workaround (it should fill in IE definitely after being saved with Firefox too).

If you have a reproducible case that doesn't work please share OS, IE version and URL you get it on.
JoeSiegrist

Postby bob » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:40 pm

In the screenshot, it appears you are logged out of LastPass.

Do you still have the same problems if you are logged in?
bob

Next

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins