I have seen the light - The new homepage is amazing

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Postby KamWest » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:37 pm

I mentioned previously that I preferred the online homepage, but just to be fair I decided to use the local copy chrome://lastpass/content/home.xul for one week. I can only say that the search is so fast I cannot possibly consider going back to the online copy unless I am using someone elses computer.

Great job guys, you can now count me into the loving it catagory.

That said, here are two things I would like to see added.

1. I added a bookmark to chrome://lastpass/content/home.xul on my firefox bookmark bar. The online bookmark uses your favicon but the local copy does not. It's a small thing but it helps me identify the bookmark a lot faster. Is there a way to have it added? I like to have it as a bookmark because I can access it with one single click instead of from the lastpass drop down.

2. I would like to have a dropdown on the local copy similar to the "more" dropdown which would allow me to get to the notes in a faster way. Pretty much the same way as from the lastpass toolbar dropdown. I don't know if what I am trying to say makes sense but hopefully you get the idea.
KamWest

Re: I have seen the light - The new homepage is amazing

Postby KamWest » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:01 pm

Sorry to post again, but the other thing missing is the ability to add a site manually
KamWest

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:20 pm

KamWest Wrote:I have seen the light - The new homepage is amazing ... Great job guys, you can now count me into the loving it catagory.

Thanks -- it's getting there... we're slowly adding the nicety touches e.g. the mouse scroll works everywhere and the arrow keys will allow you to use your keyboard to navigate.

KamWest Wrote:1. I added a bookmark to chrome://lastpass/content/home.xul on my firefox bookmark bar. The online bookmark uses your favicon but the local copy does not. It's a small thing but it helps me identify the bookmark a lot faster. Is there a way to have it added? I like to have it as a bookmark because I can access it with one single click instead of from the lastpass drop down.

I've added a favicon to the page -- works great in the list of open pages but Firefox bookmarks doesn't seem to be picking it up -- might be a limitation on Firefox's part.

KamWest Wrote:2. I would like to have a dropdown on the local copy similar to the "more" dropdown which would allow me to get to the notes in a faster way. Pretty much the same way as from the lastpass toolbar dropdown. I don't know if what I am trying to say makes sense but hopefully you get the idea.

So that it would expand without opening a dialog basically? Should be doable and useful.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby KamWest » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:06 am

KamWest Wrote:Sorry to post again, but the other thing missing is the ability to add a site manually

What about this
KamWest

Postby bob » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi,

We are hesitant to add this because adding sites is best done by going to the site itself so we can capture the form's input fields.

If we have the input fields, it significantly improves our chances of being able to autologin/autofill and having stuff just work as users expect.

Definitely would be nice to have, but the technical challenges would probably adversely affect usability. Keep the suggestions coming though, we also like to know what people like and find useful and what they don't like.

Bob
bob

Return to Feature Requests