Why did you screw up the password generator???

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Why did you screw up the password generator???

Postby RRRoamer » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:25 pm

You used to be able to individually check each special character to allow or disallow it's use in a generated password. Who that it was smart to remove that feature??? Did they previously work for Microsoft?

Now, all I have is a "yes/no" radio box for ALL the special characters! And there are a LOT of websites that do not allow some of the special characters ('@' and "%' being two that seem to come up frequently).

So no, I have to generate a long password, paste it somewhere to edit it, search through the 60 to 70 characters deleting all the unallowed characters, then copy and paste it into the password fields.

What a complete waste of my time. Past versions worked better than this, so I KNOW you know HOW to implement it. Bring it BACK! Eventually, this is going to irritate me enough to start trying out other password managers.
RRRoamer

Re: Why did you screw up the password generator???

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:20 pm

You must be thinking of another password manager like KeePass because LastPass has never allowed individual character selection in the password generator.
jpenny84

Re: Why did you screw up the password generator???

Postby RRRoamer » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:12 pm

LOL! I may very well have been! My apologies!

Which moves right into the next topic of discussion: Why DOESN'T Lastpass allow you to select individual special characters to be included in the generated password? I single line of special characters with a small check box next to each one would do the trick and eliminate the extra work of removing extra, unallowed special characters.
RRRoamer

Return to Feedback