Emergency access problems

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Emergency access problems

Postby gingerkatiesparkles » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:44 am

Interested if anyone has had any problems (or solutions!) with emergency access.

My dad set this up for me to have emergency access - unfortunately he died suddenly on Monday afternoon so I made the request on Tuesday morning. It had a 3 day expiry window and at first it showed a countdown to when access would be granted - all looking good. Today (2 days in) it showed 'access granted/invalid date' but no shared data was in my vault. Now it just looks as if the request was never made.

I have a ticket open but support haven't been very helpful so far.

Wondering if anyone has come across this before? It could be that come tomorrow morning I will have access anyway. Or it could be that I have to request again - but I don't want to do that if it will cancel my request and start another 3-day wait, and actually it might still work.

Also, he invited both me and my sister to have emergency access - can we both request at once? She could kick off a request and hers might work even if mine doesn't.
gingerkatiesparkles

Re: Emergency access problems

Postby bosspublic351 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:30 am

If there is a wait time before the Emergency Access is granted to you, then you will have to wait that period of time and then login to your account and check.
bosspublic351

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting