Facebook thinks I entered old password

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Facebook thinks I entered old password

Postby YannisDran » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:45 am

Everytime I login on Facebook with LastPass having pre-filled the credentials it says that I entered an old password.
After that, I copy paste my password from LastPass, and then I am able to login as normally.
I have not (and never had) set any browser to keep my credentials. I faithfully use only LastPass for all logins. So, I cannot understand why Facebook thinks I use old password.

I suspect (but I don't remember) that at a time I tried the password auto-change feature of LastPass. Maybe that's the reason it makes Facebook thinking I have an old password inserted at first.

Is there any fix about it?
YannisDran

Re: Facebook thinks I entered old password

Postby andrew735 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:27 am

Hi Yannis,

I suspect that the "form fields" are out of sync with your latest password. Can you edit the record and click on the "Wrench" button in the lower left of the dialog ("Edit Form Fields"). You should see a password field which you should edit and set to your latest working password.
andrew735

Postby YannisDran » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:32 am

Where is this "Form fields" you are refering to? I also can't find any wrench in any way in LastPass account, popup window or any other form of LastPass appearance. I only can see a pencil icon, if you mean that.
All in all, you are right. It feels like it is out of sync with my latest password.
Weirdly enough, if I login with my automated LastPass login it will pop up the message saying that I entered an old password. However, if I select my Lastpass password, press the edit button, then just copy it and paste it in the passowrd area above the previously automated filled password, the number of dots change and then it logs me normally (email remains the same). I only have only one entry with this email but I do have other facebook credentials (for corporal accounts etc), but I never used the same password in other accounts (I always choose "Generate password").
YannisDran

Postby arielmt » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:17 pm

I also have this same problem. Was there ever a resolution?
arielmt

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins