Confusing changes in update without explanation or warning

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Confusing changes in update without explanation or warning

Postby Eric Weir » Fri May 22, 2020 3:32 pm

I just upgraded to LastPass for a Mac (5/22/20). Several name changes and unclear displays were confusing and nearly led me to lose a folder of critical secure notes.

First, renaming of items in the sidebar, e.g., "Vault" to "Passwords," "Secure Notes" to "Notes," left me grasping initially for a translation, i.e., uncertain of the location of the items with the names I was used to.

Second, there was a folder in "Passwords" that indicated zero items on the label, but when I went to delete it I was asked if I wanted to delete 11 items. I was puzzled, tried to get the 11 items displayed, failed, and went ahead with the delete. Only later did I discover that I had deleted my Secure Notes which contained serial numbers, license numbers, and passwords for my hardware and purchased software. Fortunately, BY ACCIDENT, I discover the "deleted items" item under "More Options"/"Advanced."

Third I tried to create folder labeled "Secure Notes" under the notes item in the sidebar so that my secure notes would be labeled as such. The process hung up and I never got the folder created.

Fourth, I believe major categories of information went missing altogether, e.g., credit card and address info. They are not there now and I am pretty certain they were there before the upgrade.

Last, when I clicked on "Help Center" under "More Options"/"Help" nothing happened. Tried it a couple more times. Nothing happened. When I tried it just now I got the Help pack, but the failure the first several times added to my frustration/irritation with LastPass after this last update.

Altogether, this doesn't leave in a trusting state regarding LastPass.
Eric Weir

Re: Confusing changes in update without explanation or warni

Postby Guystefan57 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:33 pm

Same issues here with latest Mac OS update (Version 4.48.0 (1050)). What happened to all the CC data?? There's a menu selection for it but all I get is the list of folders with no credit card data in any of them. This used to be a separate area and worked just fine. WTF are you doing and is anyone checking the work before it goes out as an update?? Do I need to switch to Dashlane??
Guystefan57

Postby jpenny84 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:24 pm

jpenny84

Postby EduIriRo » Sun May 24, 2020 10:47 am

I confirm the messy situation with the notes. Previously I had dozens of notes stored in that "Secure Notes" section. Today, when I needed one of them, I discovered they are all missing. I tried almost an hour to find them in any other part of the application, but not a chance. They are all gone! I wrote a message to Customer Support and I'm waiting for their reply. That's a very very bad issue with this product!
EduIriRo

Postby jpenny84 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:51 pm

EduIriRo Wrote:I confirm the messy situation with the notes. Previously I had dozens of notes stored in that "Secure Notes" section. Today, when I needed one of them, I discovered they are all missing. I tried almost an hour to find them in any other part of the application, but not a chance. They are all gone! I wrote a message to Customer Support and I'm waiting for their reply. That's a very very bad issue with this product!

Did you read the FAQ article I linked above?
jpenny84

Postby EduIriRo » Sun May 24, 2020 7:14 pm

Yes, I did. Unfortunatelly, it was of no help.
EduIriRo

Postby Brawield » Wed May 27, 2020 7:38 am

"
"Eric Weir" Wrote:I just upgraded to LastPass for a Mac (5/22/20). Several name changes and unclear displays were confusing and nearly led me to lose a folder of critical secure notes.

First, renaming of items in the sidebar, e.g., ""Vault"" to ""Passwords,"" ""Secure Notes"" to ""Notes,"" left me grasping initially for a translation, i.e., uncertain of the location of the items with the names I was used to.

Second, there was a folder in ""Passwords"" that indicated zero items on the label, but when I went to delete it I was asked if I wanted to delete 11 items. I was puzzled, tried to get the 11 items displayed, failed, and went ahead with the delete. https://edubirdie.com/cheap-essay-writing-service Only later did I discover that I had deleted my Secure Notes which contained serial numbers, license numbers, and passwords for my hardware and purchased software. Fortunately, BY ACCIDENT, I discover the ""deleted items"" item under ""More Options""/""Advanced.""

Third I tried to create folder labeled ""Secure Notes"" under the notes item in the sidebar so that my secure notes would be labeled as such. The process hung up and I never got the folder created.

Fourth, I believe major categories of information went missing altogether, e.g., credit card and address info. They are not there now and I am pretty certain they were there before the upgrade.

Last, when I clicked on ""Help Center"" under ""More Options""/""Help"" nothing happened. Tried it a couple more times. Nothing happened. When I tried it just now I got the Help pack, but the failure the first several times added to my frustration/irritation with LastPass after this last update.

Altogether, this doesn't leave in a trusting state regarding LastPass.

it became clearer to me now. thank you!"
Brawield

Postby RR1331635 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 pm

I can confirm that the FAQ article posted again worked for me on Mac with a chrome browser.

I spent more than an hour looking throughout the vault and couldn't find anything. I even exported the entire contents of the vault and the files I needed weren't there. Also, I don't think I ever received any notification about updating the vault. When I logged in today, it was the first time I saw the new Lastpass User Experience.

At any rate, I'll save you some reading because the article is long and you had to go to another article to find out how to refresh the vault.

-- If you're missing things from your secure notes, do the following to update --
Select' More Options' in the left navigation.
Go to Advanced > Update Vault.
After a few seconds, you should see your missing items

This was a really poor user experience and I think there's going to be a huge portion of the user base that doesn't figure this out.
RR1331635

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting