Mac Catalina quick search bug

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Mac Catalina quick search bug

Postby thegoldstandard » Mon May 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Hey, Last Pass folks! I noticed that the quick search feature in the Mac app got kind of busted when I upgraded to Catalina. I can reproduce this on both my personal and work laptops. Not sure if this is the right place to post bugs.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open LastPass desktop app on Mac running Catalina (10.15)
2. Open quick search (Cmd + Shift + L)
3. Type in a site and copy password
4. Close quick search
5. Reopen quick search and see previous search results
6. Highlight previously selected site

Expected: Able to click search results and copy username, password, or edit
Actual: Can't interact with search results. Have to clear existing results and type search again to interact with menu

This is a time suck that's added up over the past few weeks for me, as I mainly use the desktop app to access the same few passwords.
thegoldstandard

Re: Mac Catalina quick search bug

Postby Wizbang2FL » Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 pm

What you are describing is a security process of quick search window. For a website you have the option to click launch which should open the website and insert the user name and password. If the website is designed in such a way that it prohibits LastPass from inserting the credentials when using quick search you would need to select "edit" to have the ability for the window remaining open after moving off the LassPass quick search result. If you are more technically inclined you can map the website window and identify the field names within the site design and create those links in LastPass
Wizbang2FL

Postby anm5030757 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:25 pm

@Wizbang2FL - I dont think you are understanding his question which is specifically about the Mac Desktop App.

@thegoldstandard - I have have the same issue. It happens constantly and im very close to just taking my family account elsewhere because paying for an app like this needs to make life easier.

Overall, i think the app is trash and hasnt been improved in months (years?). Clearly not a priority for this company.
anm5030757

Postby thegoldstandard » Wed May 27, 2020 2:52 pm

@anm5030757 you correctly pointed out the issue is with the desktop app. My understanding is that the desktop app is a workaround to limited extension support for Safari, but I find it valuable for desktop apps requiring logins. I'm mildly disappointed by the low prioritization of the app, but more disappointed by the lack of response in this forum. My partner uses 1Password, so it might be time to start up a family account.
thegoldstandard

Return to Feedback