Dynamic/random field & form names (sparkasse.de)

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Dynamic/random field & form names (sparkasse.de)

Postby IMGrant » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:20 am

LastPass is unable to log me in to my online banking at sparkasse.de (https://bankingportal.sparkasse-bochum.de/portal/portal/Starten)) because it looks like the form and field names are generated dynamically and so they change every time.

For example, this is the name of the username field: MQejAQVXvFOasbwR and this is the name of the password field: sxFiDMYDOmDHtkrn
I tried re-loading the page and they didn't change, but if I open the site in a different browser, they are now: NQlIwSnPNTlvzjHn and rlqqDqcZjtfzsCzd

There are also some hidden fields, but I don't know what they are for or if they are necessary.
Is there any way LastPass can currently negotiate this form, or will there be such capability in the future?
IMGrant

Re: Dynamic/random field & form names (sparkasse.de)

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:00 am

If you save the site with the random names, then go to the site and force an autofill, we'll fill it; making it automated, we've done it a few times when we can figure out a standard pattern that the fields are named so that we can do the right thing, we'll take a look.
JoeSiegrist

Postby IMGrant » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:09 pm

JoeSiegrist Wrote:If you save the site with the random names, then go to the site and force an autofill, we'll fill it; making it automated, we've done it a few times when we can figure out a standard pattern that the fields are named so that we can do the right thing, we'll take a look.

Not quite sure I understand what you're saying there — do you mean it should work already, or you'll look into it?

Because I tried it again — deleted my current sparkasse.de saved site, went to the logon page, logged in, saved the site as LastPass offered me. Now I've back to the site, tried AutoFill but it doesn't fill anything.

In fact, using AutoFill seems to prevent me logging in, although I'm not sure. Twice I pressed AutoFill, then manually put my details in and clicked login and it returned to the login page. Then, the first time I put my details in manually without using AutoFill (which appeared to do nothing anyway), it logged in fine.
IMGrant

Postby IMGrant » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Any update?
IMGrant

Postby IMGrant » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:29 am

Come on, a month? How long does it take to leave a reply..? Unimpressed.
IMGrant

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:03 pm

Not quite sure I understand what you're saying there — do you mean it should work already, or you'll look into it?

I can't seem to get to the page anymore but I'm saying that it works for me, if I save the site, then go to the site and manually click on the LastPass Icon -> Entry -> Autofill (because that's a stronger autofill). We might support this case more naturally in the future.
JoeSiegrist

Postby IMGrant » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:19 am

Thanks for the reply.

The site is accessible for me, do you have a Sparkasse (Sparkasse Bochum even?) account too or are you testing this in some other way?

Because it still does not work for me. Here is what happens:
[list=]
[*]I log in manually, then save the site.
[*]Then I log out, and return to the login screen. LastPass has not highlighted the fields (because their names have changed, of course).
[*]If I use the AutoFill from the LastPass icon as you describe, nothing happens.
[*]If then fill in the details manually and click log in, it doesn't work, it returns to the login screen with the fields empty and the LastPass banner pops down saying it has detected a password change for the user
[*]I can repeat this process ad infinitum and it will never log in: AutoFill, nothing happens, log in manually, fails
[*]However, if I don't click AutoFill and fill in the login details manually, it will login fine! Obviously AutoFill is doing something weird
[/list]

Finally, I also tried using 'save all entered data' to save the site before logging in, but this doesn't work either. In fact, it then thinks that the search field is the username field, probably because it comes first, and since it has the default text 'Suchbegriff' ('search term') in it, it thinks that is the username.

I am using LastPass 1.69.1, Firefox 3.6.3.
IMGrant

Postby spacebear » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi there,

I'm having the exact same problem with a similar site (it's also a "Sparkasse" site). LastPass doesn't seem to find the correct field because it's being assigned a different ID each time.

I tried "Save all entered data", which seemed to solve the problem, but only for one session. After having restarted the browser (I'm using Chrome 9.0.597.84 by the way) LastPass wasn't able to log me in anymore.

Anyone who could help me out on this?
spacebear

Postby IMGrant » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm

spacebear Wrote:Hi there,

I'm having the exact same problem with a similar site (it's also a "Sparkasse" site). LastPass doesn't seem to find the correct field because it's being assigned a different ID each time.

I tried "Save all entered data", which seemed to solve the problem, but only for one session. After having restarted the browser (I'm using Chrome 9.0.597.84 by the way) LastPass wasn't able to log me in anymore.

Anyone who could help me out on this?

As you can probably tell from the lack of response to this thread, I'm afraid it looks like LastPass isn't able to handle such dynamic fields (which are presumably designed exactly to avoid being auto-filled!). I've just got used to manually typing my Sparkasse login instead.
I also have the same problem with another online banking site, Creation credit card, I didn't even bother asking about it when I saw it also had dynamic field names.
IMGrant

Postby spacebear » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:59 pm

IMGrant, thanks for your quick reply. Well, I was suspecting that already. I was just hoping that someone would have found a solution to this in the meantime. Maybe something like a page recognition that doesn't take into account the field ID, but the location of the field on the HTML page.

Another thing that's worth mentioning is that upon page load, the keyboard focus is already on the login field. So maybe a simple login<tab>password<enter> input sequence like KeePass does would do the trick (I've been using KeePass before and it works perfectly there).
spacebear

Next

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins