Chrome extension preferences lost

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Chrome extension preferences lost

Postby atheist807 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:17 am

It seems that every time the Chrome extension is updated all preferences are reset.
I do not want Lastpass to save a "one time recovery password", risk LastPass not logging of on my work computer or have LastPass automatically fill in fields and have to change this each time the Chrome extension updates, is there really no way to save these settings?
atheist807

Re: Chrome extension preferences lost

Postby erikfelt » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Same here, incredibly annoying. This has been going on for a long time. Please fix this ASAP.
erikfelt

Postby Daniel79 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:23 am

is there any update regarding the issue if someone have kindly guide me
Daniel79

Postby Daniel79 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:26 am

is there any update regarding the issue if someone have kindly guide me
Daniel79

Postby libove » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:33 am

Same. I've reported this to LastPass tech support repeatedly. I've received no meaningful feedback from LastPass that it's something they plan to fix. My guess is that it has something to do with the way that the Chrome extension store works, and the security needs of an extension like LastPass, but it REALLY seems like it ought to be possible. For example, by storing LastPass extension preferences INSIDE the LastPass vault, so that even if the settings must be lost at each update, once the user logs back in the preferences should be restored.
Although that wouldn't fix another of the infuriating problems with the current LastPass Chrome extension, which is the requirement to use 2-factor authentication and re-check the remember/trust this browser even on a browser where that's been done a day and ten days and a month and three months and, etc, before!
libove

Postby BeltwayBenny » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:31 pm

This is very annoying. For me, on Chrome, the extension is uninstalled and I have to go install it again. Then it has all the default settings like staying logged in forever which is a terrible default for a password manager.
BeltwayBenny

Postby jdee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Same thing here... has been like this for ages. LP Chrome Extension doesn't update itself, it RE-INSTALLS itself and therefore loses all settings.
This means my auto logoff settings are disabled and therefore a security issue if one forgets to re-enable.
My biggest issue is that every time thers's an update I have to go through the process of disable and re-enable fingerprint reader for my fingerprint reader to work again (involves having to re-enable Binary support, 2x Chrome restarts too - it's extremely annoying!)
Reached out to support on the last 2 updates, where I was asked to send a video of what happens. Eventually just advised that others have reported and a fix will happen one day.... yeah right! Today, happened again and I sent screenshots, including the one that says "You're almost done..... logon or create an account". Ummmmmm, I WAS DONE NUMBEROUS REALEASES AGO!
This is soooo annoying.... other Chrome extensions just say something along the lines "Extension has been updated"... but nooooo, LP has to re-install itself.
Between this and when LP wasn't respecting the auto logoff setting - why can't they get things right?!?!
jdee

Postby ThisDude » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:56 am

Ya this is beyond irritating with 2 updates this week.

It's been going on for at least a year!

I'm at my wits end and ready to switch elsewhere. Please fix this ridiculous bug.
ThisDude

Postby fds2sfs » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:08 pm

This resetting of user preference at every update is maddening. I'm looking into switching to bitWarden.
fds2sfs

Return to Feedback