Lastpass disappears in Chrome

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Lastpass disappears in Chrome

Postby chuckballard442 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:46 pm

This has been happening all of a sudden on 5 different computers we have (all windows 10 pro) using LastPass Enterprise. The icon will just disappear and when you check the extension, it is turned off, When/if you enable the extension, the icon returns, but you can not use it. You have to uninstall and reinstall, then it works fine for a day or two. We have also noticed that even if you can log in the select a link to launch in LastPass, it will not pass the UN ro PW to the link.

We have used LastPass for year sand it has been very stable. In the last 6 months this is becoming unbearable and not sure why their support does not respond. I have sent support requests for help and have not heard back. Perhaps they have not kept up with changes in Chrome and it is conflicting. We have disabled Chrome password manager BTW and it has not made a difference.

I hope they figure it out, or we will need to change .
chuckballard442

Re: Lastpass disappears in Chrome

Postby brad890 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Yes, this has been happening on multiple machines across many clients. It is getting more than a little bit irritating. I too have advised support that if they can't get this resolved I'll be looking at other products for all of my clients.
brad890

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:47 pm

brad890 Wrote:Yes, this has been happening on multiple machines across many clients. It is getting more than a little bit irritating. I too have advised support that if they can't get this resolved I'll be looking at other products for all of my clients.

I would recommend utilizing the telephone support that your company is paying for and contacting LastPass directly. The number is in the admin console.
jpenny84

Postby buchansb497 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Just adding a "me, too" here to keep this on the developers' radar. The uninstall or disappearance of LastPass every time Chrome updates must be fixed ASAP. :x
buchansb497

Postby kevinelwell262 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:26 pm

We are experience this as well with LastPass Enterprise. Tracked it down to either Chrome was updated and needs to be restarted, or the LastPass browser extension was updated and the browser needs to be restarted. Either way, killing all browser processes and restarting browser fixes this 100% of the time for us.
kevinelwell262

Postby ivanw335 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:02 pm

Me too. The extension doesn't show up in the Manage Extensions page. I need to re-add it. This happens every few weeks and is very annoying :x
ivanw335

Postby Jimadilo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:50 am

I keep finding that it's no longer installed. I have no idea what's causing it; perhaps it's chrome updating in the night? Whatever, it's seriously annoying. I would really like it if the developers could get around to fixing this.
Jimadilo

Postby security735 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Just popping in to say I have the same experience. Regardless of the reason, it's the only extension of many that it happens to.
security735

Return to LastPass Enterprise