Autofill Pop up appearing over phone app

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Autofill Pop up appearing over phone app

Postby steven350 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:42 am

HI,

I have a Samsung S10e running Android 10. Every time I use the phone app to make a call Last Pass shows the autofill popup. This obscures the keypad display and prevents the use of the keypad.

I have tried turning off helper in app setting but this does not seem to work.

Any help greatly received.

Thanks

Steve
steven350

Re: Autofill Pop up appearing over phone app

Postby mathias320 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:12 pm

I'm having the same issue. :(
mathias320

Postby cxa3959486 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:29 pm

It doesn't look like anyone has responded. I have a G9 with the same problem. How do we get LastPass's attention?
cxa3959486

Postby SeethingSage » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:58 pm

I have a Galaxy S10 running Android 10, and this has happened to me several times in the past few weeks. I'll make an outgoing phone call to some business, get an auto attendant that prompts me to enter an option, e.g. 1. When I instinctively and immediately press the spot on the screen where the "1" is on my phone keypad, LastPass pops up right then, right over that area (the top left corner of my phone screen where the numbers "1" and "2" are). So I end up pressing LastPass by mistake. When pressed, LastPass prompts me, full-screen, for my fingerprint to log in to the app. Even if I quickly try to cancel it a couple of times, I just get prompted to enter my Master password to log in instead, because I haven't entered my fingerprint successfully. This ends up resulting in LastPass being in my way, full-screen, for several seconds at best. By the time I either do get my fingerprint to take, or enter my Master password, and then click off of LastPass, I've usually missed the chance to enter the option I need to have my call go to the person or department I need to speak to, and that often results in me having to hang up in frustration and call the business back. This has happened enough for me to start just using my office phone instead to make a lot of my calls, and that's super annoying to say the least.
SeethingSage

Postby meanlittledog » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:54 am

Same here. Even though I exclude the phone app from lastpass settings, it still pops up, just like in spotify. Lastpass has said this is an issue for android users who use the chrome browser, but even if I set my browser to firefox, I get the same issue. Note that the issue with spotify was reported long ago, and I don't know of any movement toward a fix.

And more more thing...this doesn't happen with dashlane.
meanlittledog

Postby blkbam » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:33 pm

I'm having the same issue. Using a GS10 as well and have excluded the dialer but it still pops up. A work around I've found for hitting the 1 or 2 buttons is that if you press and hold on the screen the overlay will disappear and the dialer will still respond to the press of a button.
blkbam

Postby raybush537 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Same thing here..Any update from LastPass?
raybush537

Postby merrimanil » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am

I use Galaxy S9 & had same issue. When I hit the back button, the Lastpass prompt went away & I was able to use keyboard. Still annoying, but I got it to work. I find the pop-up issue annoying very frequently, not just in this situation.
merrimanil

Postby 954 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:35 am

Please fix this.

When I call a voicemail system that requires the use of the number pad, I find that I can't press the number 1 key. That's a pretty important function on a smart phone. In fact, in some circumstances this could put someone's personal safety on the line. This almost makes me ready to abandon LastPass after many years of subscription. I am actively checking into alternative products.

Please register one more person's dissatisfaction with the product over a critical issue that should have been detected and fixed during the most rudimentary testing program.

Samsung Galaxy S9

Postby papyruspoet223 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:23 pm

My problem in the app is that when I try to move a password into a shared folder, the "working on it" message prevents me from answering "do you really want to do this?" and the app just hangs. It's very frustrating.
papyruspoet223

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting