My colleagues can still see al the passwords in browser

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

My colleagues can still see al the passwords in browser

Postby danielweijers702 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:51 am

Hello, A while ago I started using lastpass Enterprise. Using the Enterprise account i am able to share passwords with my colleagues. I was able to adjust the setting that my collegues are not authorized to view the password for a specific shared site.

So my goal with lastpass was: Give my colleagues acces to accounts + passwords (without them actually give the password).

Now i found out that everyone is still able to save the 'secret' password in there browser extension. I also found out that everyone is able to make the 'secret' password visible on Gmail.

The whole idea of ​​Lastpass Enterprise is to be able to securely share passwords with colleagues?

Can anyone help me out with this :)
danielweijers702

Re: My colleagues can still see al the passwords in browser

Postby demisang91116 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:45 am

LastPass injects the password into the browser, which can usually be extracted by inspecting the page source after LastPass has pasted the password into the page. There's really no way that you can guarantee people you share passwords with from figuring out what it is.

Securely sharing passwords means that nobody else can access them. If you share access to a password, you can assume that it is the same as giving it to them in a locked box where they have the key - they will still have access to the password.
demisang91116

Return to LastPass Enterprise