Using LastPass Teams with LastPass Families

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Using LastPass Teams with LastPass Families

Postby jdsomsky » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:52 pm

I use LastPass Teams at work and have linked my personal LastPass Families account to that account. However when I'm logged in using my work email address, I can't view any of my shared family passwords. Since I'm always logged into my work account on my phone, I can never access any shared family passwords from my phone. This seems like a horrible flaw. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Please Help.
jdsomsky

Re: Using LastPass Teams with LastPass Families

Postby lpuser9827 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:57 am

I have the same problem. LastPass should either let you access your family shared folders from your business account, or let you be logged into two accounts simultaneously. This is a flawed design.
lpuser9827

Postby Tias » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:55 am

Also had the same issue.
Finally convinced management our enterprise needs Lastpass company-wide.
Got a trial. Spend my whole trial period getting my accounts to link.

Without them linked, its worthless....

Lastpass, no matter if you run an enterprise and/or a family. THERE IS NO SUPPORT.
No number to dial. No response on e-mails. Nothing. Nada.

So incredibly disappointing. How the last 2 years ive been a fucking Lastpass influencer, telling everyone to get lastpass..
Ill turn into the complete opposite for the rest of my life.

Dont think even an intern is appointed to read or handle problems on this forum or e-mail.
Tias

Postby Rommer1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:39 pm

i am having the same problem/issue. I just got LastPass for the Family and i cannot see my shared password from Lastpass teams. :(
Rommer1

Postby birger376 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:20 am

I also have this problem. The only thing I didn't test before paying for a year long subscription for my family.
birger376

Make Shared folder entries visible through linked accounts

Postby petejaffe798 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:27 pm

If you have a LastPass Teams (or Enterprise) account and link your personal LastPass account (via https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... t-lp010028), it works generally as expected in that the entries in your personal account appear under a shared folder under your Teams/Enterprise account.

HOWEVER, entries in a Shared Folder in your personal account (mine is a LastPass Families personal account) are NOT accessible through my Teams/Enterprise account. It would be very helpful if they were.

I imagine you might say that the Shared Folder should only be visible to users it is explicitly shared with, and hence maybe should not be visible to the Teams/Enterprise account. However, it seems to me that the Teams/Enterprise account is effectively "mounting" the personal account, and hence I would hope it would provide access to all entries under that.

This was also reported/lamented under viewtopic.php?f=12&t=360055&p=1197315&hilit=linked+shared#p1197315
petejaffe798

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting