Lastpass extension corrupted

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Account Options NEW -then removes Chrome Extension

Postby mlitt55172 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Morning, possible new "issue".
Using the latest Chrome extension for Lastpass on a Chromebook.
When clicking on the RED lastpass extension, there is a selection:
"Account Options NEW" where the NEW is in a green oval.
So, on clicking this, the Lastpass popup goes to:
"Help Lastpass improve this website NEW" , again the NEW is a green oval...
So, on clicking this, the Lastpass extension disappears from the toolbar. It's gone.... all the lastpass extensions options, 3-dot square, everything with lastpass... gone.

To correct, I have go to the Extensions in chrome, and the extension has the REPAIR option only... no "disable" or "remove" available, only REPAIR.
Which when done, brings the extension back to my toolbar. and I have to re-log into lastpass....

So.... now your issue. I've tried it 3x to see what the "NEW" is, but apparently I'll never find out.
Since this is a chromebook, I cannot make a simple "snip" and show you... sorry...
enjoy....
-ML
mlitt55172

Lastpass extension corrupted

Postby jinglejim » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:41 am

When I click on Account Options, my Lastpass extension in Chrome keeps becoming corrupted and I have to hit 'repair' to reinstall the extension.

To the right of "Account Options" it says NEW
jinglejim

Re: Account Options NEW -then removes Chrome Extension

Postby jim827323821 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:03 am

This is a "me too" response, nearly one month after the OP and still no replies from LastPass (that I can see). I'm concerned that the extension is marked "corrupt", I hope that means it did something illegal and was removed v. being taken over by malware.
jim827323821

Help LastPass improve this website NEW corrupts extension

Postby jim827323821 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:10 am

Google Chrome: Version 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Under the "Account Options" menu is "Help Lastpass improve this website NEW", which, when selected, corrupts the extension, causing it to be disabled. When examining the installed extensions, LastPass has a "Repair" option which reinstalls the extension, requiring logging in. However, the new account option is still there and still corrupts LastPass when selected.

This has been reported elsewhere in the forum (search for "help improve"), but not as a bug. I assume this is a bug, not a feature.
jim827323821

Re: Account Options NEW -then removes Chrome Extension

Postby jinglejim » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:07 pm

mlitt55172 Wrote:Morning, possible new "issue".
Using the latest Chrome extension for Lastpass on a Chromebook.
When clicking on the RED lastpass extension, there is a selection:
"Account Options NEW" where the NEW is in a green oval.
So, on clicking this, the Lastpass popup goes to:
"Help Lastpass improve this website NEW" , again the NEW is a green oval...
So, on clicking this, the Lastpass extension disappears from the toolbar. It's gone.... all the lastpass extensions options, 3-dot square, everything with lastpass... gone.

To correct, I have go to the Extensions in chrome, and the extension has the REPAIR option only... no "disable" or "remove" available, only REPAIR.
Which when done, brings the extension back to my toolbar. and I have to re-log into lastpass....

So.... now your issue. I've tried it 3x to see what the "NEW" is, but apparently I'll never find out.
Since this is a chromebook, I cannot make a simple "snip" and show you... sorry...
enjoy....
-ML

I also use a chromebook.
Below is a link to what the Account Options with the "NEW" looks like.
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL774/13416838/24390881/414366910.jpg
jinglejim

Re: Lastpass extension corrupted

Postby ted » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:56 pm

I have this same issue. On my Chromebook as soon as I click the "Help improve LastPass on this site" it instantly corrupts the extension. I then need to repair it forcing me to login, two factor, enter all my settings again, etc...
ted

Re: Lastpass extension corrupted

Postby jinglejim » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:12 am

ted Wrote:I have this same issue. On my Chromebook as soon as I click the "Help improve LastPass on this site" it instantly corrupts the extension. I then need to repair it forcing me to login, two factor, enter all my settings again, etc...

I was kinda excited to click the "NEW" Account Options, but a bit confused when LastPass just disappeared :|
Too bad there isn't an 'account options' work-around to be able to set LastPass for automatic log-out.
jinglejim

Return to Feedback