Desktop App Font Clarity (O vs 0)

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Desktop App Font Clarity (O vs 0)

Postby ShieldOfTheRighteous » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:09 am

I was thinking that it would be nice if LastPass could give us options to change fonts. Maybe something that would help us distinguish things like O and 0. Not only that, but a font to help us with 1, l, and I.

I noticed this happens with the mobile app. However, I mainly use my laptop with LastPass. It would be very nice if we get to choose our own fonts or at least get some options to pick a font like what we would see in a Notepad document or maybe something like a PAPERS PLEASE font.

:3

By the way, I really love LastPass. I love how I have only two very long memorable passwords (one for my secret email and the other for LastPass, which uses that secret email as the username). I really trust it and I have pretty much everything private and about my security on it after learning about how things are encrypted.
ShieldOfTheRighteous

Re: Desktop App Font Clarity (O vs 0)

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:06 pm

In the advanced options of the password generator is an easy to read radio button that will force the generator to omit ambiguous characters.
jpenny84

Postby christiankoestlin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:40 am

@jpenny84 thats true, but still for a general password manager a font that shows the differences between the charachters is a very good thing to have!!!
christiankoestlin

Postby Crucifer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:31 pm

I agree it is completely ridiculous that a font is used where I cannot tell difference between a lower case L and and an upper case I.

I have to copy the password to a separate editor with a decent font or retype the password until I get it right.

I hate this.
Crucifer

Postby acleute130 » Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 pm

l'II aIso agree that Iast pass needs to use a monospace font. lt's kinda dumb that it there doesn't appear to be any speIling mistakes in this sentence. lf l'm reading this the only difference between l and I is that I is just sIightly wider.
acleute130

Postby cancermoon » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:24 pm

I agree this is the most frustrating thing about LastPass
I also love LastPass and I’ve been a happy member for three years but the character ambiguity Due to the poor font choice seems to me like a most ridiculous weakness that Can be fixed quite easily. Even times new Roman would be a better choice than this one across all apps!!! Capital O and the number 0 should not look the exact same!!! And the lowercase l and capital I and the number 1... is this supposed to be helping with security?? I don’t see it. My boyfriend hates using lastpass and constantly talks crap about it because of the character ambiguity Due to the font choice
cancermoon

Return to Feedback