Generate Password Window Cannot be Closed

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Generate Password Window Cannot be Closed

Postby Ddreugh » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:39 pm

Please add the ability to close the "generate password" pop-up window without refreshing the entire page. I am using the Chrome extension.

Sometimes when the generate password window opens it covers up other fields that I am trying to fill in, there is the option to generate a password and search, but not an option to close the window.
If you click on the button that opened this window (3 horizontal dots in a dox) it does not toggle the generate password window.

Please simple add a small x so this window can be closed.
When this happens on a page with a lot of info to fill in this forces you to refresh the entire page and lose all your progress.
It's maddening.
Ddreugh

Re: Generate Password Window Cannot be Closed

Postby jen570434 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:32 pm

I am having this same problem and am surprised to see that it has been a problem for years with no resolution. We need to be able to close the pop-up if we don't want to insert a LastPass password. PLEASE fix this, LastPass! I am using a MacBook Pro…same as some other people with this problem I see. Not sure if that helps.
jen570434

Re: Generate Password Window Cannot be Closed

Postby rtalamo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:30 pm

I'm a premium member and just reached out to LastPass customer support about this issue. I included a screenshot as well, so hopefully I hear back and they fix this in a future update.
rtalamo

Return to Feature Requests