LastPass not saving changed password

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass not saving changed password

Postby adams216923 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:13 am

So I logged into my main webmail account and went through its password change process. I had LastPass generate and fill in the New Password fields. However, after submitting the form, LastPass did not offer to Update the password for the account. Now I am locked out of the webmail account! Why is LastPass not saving the new passwords?? There is nothing under History for either the webmail account in LastPass, nor under Generated Passwords. I'm using the LP Plugin on Firefox 67 in Ubuntu.

I am seriously considering dropping LastPass and moving to 1Password because of this. Losing access to my main email account is a SERIOUS issue.
adams216923

Re: LastPass not saving changed password

Postby Mariaw286 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:10 pm

It's happening to me to - before I realized it - I've had to go back and Reset my passwords about 5 imtes today - and go through the whole verification process repeatedly. Because I thought Last Pass had saved, I thought it did, it did until yesterday but now I'm getting "hmmmm, This is taking a long time" message, and then it doesn't save anything - re updates.
Mariaw286

Postby svenbu » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:13 am

Same issue here. Very annoying. Please fix.
svenbu

Postby brianelete » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:05 am

Same here. I had a student o365 account and I can not even use forgot my password bc the account is managed by the uni and I'm not studying there anymore. I'm furious. Next time I'll copy it just in case LP does not save it. I sometimes question why am I even using it.
brianelete

Postby Bonkers » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Same here
Bonkers

Change password, then reverts back to old password

Postby fonewiz » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:59 pm

I have changed an account password in my Lastpass premium account at least 5 times on different devices. Everytime I change it, the new password sticks when I go out and then back in to the record but then the next time I look it up, the password is changed back to the original. This is a huge pain in the arse.. Anyone else having this issue?
fonewiz

Re: Change password, then reverts back to old password

Postby SysopSumo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 pm

Yes that has been driving me crazy. Makes me think someone is reverting it but I see no new logins in history
SysopSumo

Postby jsb2000 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:57 pm

Ditto! Same issue here, LP will not save password after it has been changed. Actually showed the new password after save, shared with spouse and spouse noticed that the password shared was the original password. Deleted on spouse's device and refreshed vault, then closed/reopened LP. Re-shared and same issue, old password remained. Refreshed vault on primary device and closed/reopened LP, went to share the password and the old password showed up....on the primary device...where it WAS showing the newly saved password. LP is junk when it comes to this!!! I literally have to just create a new entry if I want to change a password, very time consuming and frustrating to say the least....what are we paying for if LP is not going to provide some level of tech support or feedback on these issues. At least respond in your forum and let your customer know what is going on behind the scenes so we don't assume you are ignoring our feedback/suggestions on how to improve the functionality of your service. (On Android Devices, Firefox and IE Browser Plugins, MS Store App....all the same issue). :?: :!:
jsb2000

Postby jsb2000 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:57 pm

Ditto! Same issue here, LP will not save password after it has been changed. Actually showed the new password after save, shared with spouse and spouse noticed that the password shared was the original password. Deleted on spouse's device and refreshed vault, then closed/reopened LP. Re-shared and same issue, old password remained. Refreshed vault on primary device and closed/reopened LP, went to share the password and the old password showed up....on the primary device...where it WAS showing the newly saved password. LP is junk when it comes to this!!! I literally have to just create a new entry if I want to change a password, very time consuming and frustrating to say the least....what are we paying for if LP is not going to provide some level of tech support or feedback on these issues. At least respond in your forum and let your customer know what is going on behind the scenes so we don't assume you are ignoring our feedback/suggestions on how to improve the functionality of your service. (On Android Devices, Firefox and IE Browser Plugins, MS Store App....all the same issue). :?: :!:
jsb2000

Re: Change password, then reverts back to old password

Postby jsb2000 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:58 pm

jsb2000

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting