LP for windows shows window Update UWP App

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LP for windows shows window Update UWP App

Postby WacoJohn » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:08 pm

On every computer startup, I get a completely empty window titled Update UWP App which shows for 5 or so seconds then closes. I have conferred with Tech Support and though it's been months, no result. This happens only on one computer. The others do not do this.

The issue you described was recently escalated to our developers, and it is under investigation now. While we do not have an ETA, please rest assured that our team is actively working on a solution in the most expedite way. We'd like to apologize for any inconveniences that this issue may cause you.

I have serious doubts anything will be done. Anyone else seeing this?

W10-64 1903. LP for Windows Desktop v.4.1.0.521 and I see no way to CHECK FOR UPDATES. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled LP several times. I have checked my OS with sfc /scannow and Dism in the prescribed manner.

Any help/comment is appreciated in advance.
WacoJohn

Re: LP for windows shows window Update UWP App

Postby mckenney719 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:26 pm

yes, I see this too. windows 10; plugin version 4.34.0; plugin built 10.10.2019, but I've been seeing it longer than just the last build date i'm pretty sure.
mckenney719

Postby WacoJohn » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Good to know I am not the only one. As I mentioned, it is only on 1 of 5 possible machines.
WacoJohn

Postby WacoJohn » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Finally got an answer from support.

Our Developers reviewed and responded to the ticket that I submitted in regards to the black screens showing on computer startup.

Most component updates are run silently 100% but due to a bug with Microsoft's UWP framework, this is not the case with the LastPass UWP or LastPass on Edge. Those 2 black screens you are seeing are those 2 components updating. LastPass Developers did contact Microsoft and in the two latest Win10 versions it's fixed. However, they said we'd need to wait for any older versions with this bug to deprecate.

The problem seems to no longer exist for me.
WacoJohn

Return to Windows Installer Questions