No copy new view password on Firefox 69.0.2+build1-0ubuntu0.

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

No copy new view password on Firefox 69.0.2+build1-0ubuntu0.

Postby Pivert » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi,

Impossible to "show" the password from the Edit screen in the Lastpass plugin 4.34.0.6 in Firefox 69.0.2+build1-0ubuntu0.19.04.1

Since my FF updated on 10th of October, and lastpass on 9th of October, I cannot evidence if it's after the FF upgrade or the LP upgrade, but anyway, I cannot imagine that LastPass team did not test this standard configuration (default from distribution).

Nothing in the Support FAQ about any problem related to FF ?! How can it be ? I see so many people complaining of issues that might be related ? Is Lastpass team still alive ?

Pivert,
Pivert

Re: No copy new view password on Firefox 69.0.2+build1-0ubun

Postby Pivert » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:30 pm

I contacted support, and got timely and valuable help.
The solution was to clear Firefox cache, and LastPass cache, then log off (I did not log off, but rebooted the computer, which anyway forced the login since the cache was empty.)
Also, I realized that I was restrictive on cookies with the content protection. I was set to: "Cookies from visited web site" which might have triggered the problem, but I cannot confirm that.

Extract of the interesting section from the Customer Support reply:
Kindly try to clear cache and refresh the vault using the steps below:
1.Clear local cache - Click on LastPass icon > Account Options > Advanced > Clear local cache
2.Refresh sites - Click on LastPass icon > Account Options > Advanced > Refresh sites
3.Clear browser cache - http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
4.Logout, log back in and test the issue again.
We are here to assist our customers 24 hours a day Mon-Fri.

Regards,
Pivert

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting