LastPass Filling Fields When it Shouldn't

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass Autofilling Fields That it Shouldn't

Postby agansler479 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:46 pm

We're having an issue where LastPass/Chrome extension is filling info on a form where it shouldn't.

In our application we have a user edit function; when (already logged in) User A calls up account information for User B, LastPass is overwriting User B's email address with User A's email, as if LastPass thinks this is a login screen. If User A doesn't notice this, then User B's account information is subsequently overwritten with the wrong email address when User A saves the record.

We have definitively isolated LastPass as the cause of this. This behavior was first noticed beginning Thursday, 10/3. Scanning the LastPass forum I quickly found three similar issues, all of which claim to have started about a week ago:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=349755
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=266545
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=290005
agansler479

Re: LastPass Autofilling Fields That it Shouldn't

Postby jessica662 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:52 pm

I am also experiencing this same issue when accessing our HRIS system at work (BambooHR). This is a HUGE issue that needs to be resolved ASAP. It has been determined after some testing that it is in fact the LastPass extension that is populating information into accounts as noted in the post above by agansler479. I noticed this start a couple of weeks ago and have not seen any updates come through since then to resolve the problem. I will have to stop using the LastPass extension until this problem is resolved as the majority of my upcoming projects involve working within BambooHR to access, update, and organize information.
jessica662

LastPass Filling Fields When it Shouldn't

Postby agansler479 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:46 am

(this was originally posted in general support but it is most likely a bug and thus re-submitted here)

We're having an issue where LastPass/Chrome extension is filling info on a form where it shouldn't.

In our application we have a user edit function; when (already logged in) User A calls up account information for User B, LastPass is overwriting User B's email address with User A's email, as if LastPass thinks this is a login screen. If User A doesn't notice this, then User B's account information is subsequently overwritten with the wrong email address when User A saves the record.

We have definitively isolated LastPass as the cause of this. This behavior was first noticed beginning Thursday, 10/3. Scanning the LastPass forum I quickly found three similar issues, all of which claim to have started about a week ago:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=349755
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=266545
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=290005
agansler479

Re: LastPass Autofilling Fields That it Shouldn't

Postby agansler479 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:47 am

@jessica662 I would recommend re-posting your issue in the 'Report a Bug' forum as this issue is urgent and needs someone's attention ASAP.
agansler479

Re: LastPass Filling Fields When it Shouldn't

Postby kaiyutah935 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:23 pm

Please address this issue. I lost nearly a full work day yesterday trying to address what I thought was a bug in our web app and trying to clean up the metadata that this corrupted.
kaiyutah935

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:08 am

The first thing people need to do when seeing fields erroneously filled is to check the site entry's form fields. This dialog is accessed via the wrench icon in the lower left hand corner of the site entry's edit window. Remove any fields with data that shouldn't be there.

If the extension continues to capture bad fields, then the next step will be to re-create the site entry using Save All Entered Data. This will be a static snapshot that will never change.
jpenny84

Postby agansler479 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:44 am

jpenny84 Wrote:The first thing people need to do when seeing fields erroneously filled is to check the site entry's form fields. This dialog is accessed via the wrench icon in the lower left hand corner of the site entry's edit window. Remove any fields with data that shouldn't be there.

If the extension continues to capture bad fields, then the next step will be to re-create the site entry using Save All Entered Data. This will be a static snapshot that will never change.

Thanks for responding but your message is difficult to follow. It sounds like you're saying the issue is that LastPass has form fields specified for the site that are being filled and that these fields need to be removed. But (in our case) the only fields that LastPass has are Username (which our case is email address) and Password, so obviously we're not going remove that field.

This is clearly a bug. It wasn't happening before last week, and now it is, and it is being reported by, and happening to multiple people (for example, everyone in my organization). We spent a lot of time troubleshooting this internally and would appreciate LastPass recognizing and investigating the issue. I posted this as a bug and my post was moved to 'general support & troubleshoot' which would indicate that they are NOT acknowledging it.

For now, all our users have been instructed to disable LastPass and if this issue is not addressed (or at least acknowledged) soon we will be seek another solution for our organization.
agansler479

Postby esalerno » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:28 pm

This issue is impacting Gmail users on Chrome as well. I found this support thread after realizing the LastPass was automatically changing the subject line of my new emails and replies (which are harder to detect since it's not displayed when responding to an email).
Sad that I have to keep LastPass turned off until I know that my emails' subject lines aren't going to be over-ridden. This seems like an incredibly fundamental issue that needs to be addressed quickly.
esalerno

Postby weezy666666 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Any eta on when this will be fixed? Everytime I got to google something it auto fills a random phrase that doesn't make any sense.
weezy666666

Postby mnakos314 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:31 am

I have a similar issue, last pass interfers with google search box, it autofills with a name (not mine) and that is also happening after my keyword search when i get the results and changes the keyword with the same name! When i disable lastpass issue is solved
mnakos314

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting