LastPass doesn't work on USBank login with Chrome browsers

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass doesn't work on USBank login with Chrome browsers

Postby silver2019 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:01 pm

Greetings,

I ran into a consistent login issue several weeks ago that I've tried troubleshooting, but have had no success solving.

Issue:
LastPass doesn't work on USBank.com logins at their homepage in any Chrome-based browsers or FireFox (Mozilla-based). This only occurs on the USBank login, but not other website logins.

Description of issue:
In Google Chrome-based or Firefox browsers, when trying to login into USBank.com at their homepage using LastPass, the login will fail with the bank's error message: "Sorry, our system is currently unavailable. Please try again."

At first, I thought the bank was having technical issues, so I called their technical support, but they said there were no issues being reported with logging into the bank. I also have LastPass added to the FireFox browser, so I tried logging into the bank again with LastPass. Again, the login failed with the site just spinning its wheels endlessly and never completing the login, but with no error message.

I also have the Brave and Vivaldi browsers WITHOUT the LastPass extension. Manually entering my bank username & password allowed me to login to the bank.

Next, I added the LastPass extension to Brave BUT NOT to Vivaldi, then tried to login to my bank. Brave login with LastPass failed, like the other browsers did. But manually logging into my bank with Vivaldi was successful without the LastPass extension.

Next, I tried manually logging into my bank using Google Chrome in Incognito mode, with all extensions installed but disabled, including LastPass. I am consistently able to successfully login to my bank without any issues.

Summary:
1) It's clear that trying to login into USBank.com using LastPass with Chrome-based and Firefox browsers is not working.
2) Manually entering login information using browsers without the LastPass extension results in successful logins to the bank.
3) Issue has two possible sources: Either there's a bug or problem with LastPass, since the issue is occurring in both Chrome-based and Mozilla-based browsers; or USBank's login is conflicting with LastPass, regardless of browser.

My PC System:
Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1903, build 18362.356. All Windows updates current.
CPU: Intel Core i7
RAM: 16GB
Browsers tested using LastPass: All current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and Vivaldi. I have not tested this issue with Microsoft Edge because I hate that browser.

Please advise what you recommend to resolve this issue or if an update is coming to resolve it. If can help you further, I'm happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Thank you.
silver2019

Re: LastPass doesn't work on USBank login with Chrome browse

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:05 pm

I log into a USBank account on a regular basis and have zero problems with either browser.
jpenny84

Postby silver2019 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:21 pm

jpenny84 Wrote:I log into a USBank account on a regular basis and have zero problems with either browser.

Are you using Windows 10 and the latest versions of Chrome & Firefox?
silver2019

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:34 pm

silver2019 Wrote:
jpenny84 Wrote:I log into a USBank account on a regular basis and have zero problems with either browser.

Are you using Windows 10 and the latest versions of Chrome & Firefox?

Yep.
jpenny84

Postby silver2019 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 pm

That's interesting. I've been having this issue for several weeks, although everything worked perfectly for the past year. I don't know what to make of it.
silver2019

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:34 pm

silver2019 Wrote:That's interesting. I've been having this issue for several weeks, although everything worked perfectly for the past year. I don't know what to make of it.

My apologies for the brief responses earlier; I was on a mobile browser.

Maybe check the captured form fields, and make sure there isn't an erroneous one being filled. Go into the edit window for your USBank entry, and click the wrench in the lower left corner. This is what mine looks like. Obviously I removed the field data to make the screenshot.

https://imgur.com/6dIHUgm
jpenny84

Postby silver2019 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Oh, for Pete's sake, I can't believe this. I found the issue, thanks to your screenshot. I went to the Edit Password screen and noticed that my username was half text and half asterisks...but there weren't enough asterisks to account for the length of my username. It was short by a couple asterisks. So I deleted my username and retyped it, then saved it. Oddly, there were no asterisks in my revised username, which I thought were done by LastPass as a security measure.

Anyway, after saving the changes, I then tried logging into the bank and it worked. I have no idea how my username was altered to use the defective half-text/half-asterisks, as now it only shows the complete username when it autofills the field. But this explains why the issue was happening across all the browsers on only this site.

Thanks for hanging with me and stumbling me into seeing what the issue was. I really appreciate your time.

This is my first time posting here. I don't know if it's possible, but do you think I should delete this forum posting since I mis-identified the issue in my original posting?
silver2019

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting