lastPass removed by reinstall Windows

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

lastPass removed by reinstall Windows

Postby andrekremer757 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:12 am

I recently had to reinstall windows 10 because of a corrupt system. The reinstall process removed most of my app's among which LastPass. There is still a directory windows.old of more than 36 GB and I guess that the vault of LastPass is part of it. I seem however to be unable to get to most of the files (nearly none of them really) in the windows.old directory. What is my best option: to reinstall PastPass and let it search for the old vault, or to somehow get to the old vault and make a backup of it? Would there be a backup of the vault kept by the LastPass organisation under my name? I do know my main password, but not those of all the different sites - financial, -personal, etc., so this is really a big problem. Any help appreciated
andrekremer757

Re: lastPass removed by reinstall Windows

Postby xavier10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:30 am

andrekremer757 Wrote:I recently had to reinstall windows 10 because of a corrupt system. The reinstall process removed most of my app's among which LastPass. There is still a directory windows.old of more than 36 GB and I guess that the vault of LastPass is part of it. I seem however to be unable to get to most of the files (nearly none of them really) in the windows.old directory. What is my best option: to reinstall PastPass and let it search for the old vault, or to somehow get to the old vault and make a backup of it? Would there be a backup of the vault kept by the LastPass organisation under my name? I do know my main password, but not those of all the different sites - financial, -personal, etc., so this is really a big problem. Any help appreciated

Same thing happened to me a week back. Windows asked me to update windows 10 to get latest features and I pushed update button. Later I lost most of my apps data. Any help is appreciated.
xavier10

Postby walton19 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 am

xavier10 Wrote:
andrekremer757 Wrote:I recently had to reinstall windows 10 because of a corrupt system. The reinstall process removed most of my app's among which LastPass. There is still a directory windows.old of more than 36 GB and I guess that the vault of LastPass is part of it. I seem however to be unable to get to most of the files (nearly none of them really) in the windows.old directory. What is my best option: to reinstall PastPass and let it search for the old vault, or to somehow get to the old vault and make a backup of it? Would there be a backup of the vault kept by the LastPass organisation under my name? I do know my main password, but not those of all the different sites - financial, -personal, etc., so this is really a big problem. Any help appreciated

Same thing happened to me a week back. Windows asked me to update windows 10 to get latest features and I pushed update button. Later I lost most of my apps data. Any help is appreciated.

I have similar issue
walton19

Postby xavier10 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:02 pm

walton19 Wrote:
xavier10 Wrote:
andrekremer757 Wrote:I recently had to reinstall windows 10 because of a corrupt system. The reinstall process removed most of my app's among which LastPass. There is still a directory windows.old of more than 36 GB and I guess that the vault of LastPass is part of it. I seem however to be unable to get to most of the files (nearly none of them really) in the windows.old directory. What is my best option: to reinstall PastPass and let it search for the old vault, or to somehow get to the old vault and make a backup of it? Would there be a backup of the vault kept by the LastPass organisation under my name? I do know my main password, but not those of all the different sites - financial, nox app player,personal, etc., so this is really a big problem. Any help appreciated

I have similar issue

I was going through the official site of lastpass and found this. This might be helpful.
https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/export-your-passwords-and-secure-notes-lp040004
If this is not helpful, I hope someone from the admins panel will help you.
xavier10

Return to Windows Installer Questions