Delete Shared Passwords without Removing from Other Accounts

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Delete Shared Passwords without Removing from Other Accounts

Postby davem872 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:07 pm

I'm not sure how this isn't a thing, as it seems like such a necessity for an enterprise level product.

It would be great if one could share a password with another user (or placed in a shared folder) and then delete the password from one's own account without also deleting from other user's accounts/shared folders.

For example, lets say AdminA is providing UserZ with a password for ServiceX. They create an entry in LastPass and share it with UserZ. Not wanting their LastPass to become cluttered with unnecessary passwords they then delete the entry...it is now also deleted from UserZ's account! Gahh!

Think also of an occasion where UserB has shared passwords and folders with a number of users. They are leaving the company and decide to clean out their LastPass account - all those other users now lose their shared usernames/passwords!

I haven't tried this yet but am wondering, what happens if UserC is leaving the company and AdminA deletes their account which includes various shared entries and folders? Do they get deleted from everyone else's account also? Yikes!

I understand that one may not always want an individual to permanently have a shared entry/folder - but in services like Dropbox when you delete a folder it prompts you whether you want to let the shared individual keep a copy of the contents...this would be really swell.

One could also have an option when initially sharing to determine what the entry/folder is "perma-shared" (aka user keeps even if deleted by the original creator) or "temp-shared" (aka user loses access to entry if original creator deletes entry)
davem872

Re: Delete Shared Passwords without Removing from Other Acco

Postby Kaitsu » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:52 am

+1

I would like to send passwords to people, not having to keep them myself. Now I have to create site or secure note, share it with the person I want to get the password and then tell them to make a copy out of it so that I can delete the one that I shared. It's unnecessarily complex now.

Cheers
Kaitsu

Return to Feature Requests