Authenticator Search

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Authenticator Search

Postby anonymouslastpasser » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:51 pm

I've recently switched from google authentication to the last pass one for my 2FA needs. It works great don't get me wrong, but I have over 45 accounts on it and it's getting tedious to find accounts. I would really love to have a search function and a re-ordering function so I can sort accounts. Also maybe a folder function similar to what is in normal lastpass.

New to the forums so I hope someone sees this because it would be extremely helpful. :)
anonymouslastpasser

Authenticator Search

Postby OverwatchNL » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:13 am

Hi all,

Due to the growing possibility of using MFA the list in my authenticator app is growing and growing. The list is so long that it is a pain to search the correct object.
I would really like one of these options to be implemented.

A search function within the authenticator app
or
The authenticator app to be implemented within the LastPass extension so when working in a browser the lastpass app will recognize the site you are visiting and automatically put the authenticator code in the clipboard so it could be paste in the MFA screen. (and a switch to turn it off on will)

Kind regards
OverwatchNL

Re: Authenticator Search

Postby ronaldbernier865 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:13 am

OverwatchNL Wrote:Hi all,

The authenticator app to be implemented within the LastPass extension so when working in a browser the lastpass app will recognize the site you are visiting and automatically put the authenticator code in the clipboard so it could be paste in the MFA screen. (and a switch to turn it off on will)

Kind regards

Totally agree - This is one feature of 1Password that I really like - OTP (one time passwords) can be generated either by an authenticator app (Authy, Google, LastPass Authenticator) and/or within 1Password. There are other reasons that I am moving away from 1Password but the built in OTP option is definitely a good one and one that I would like to see Lastpass implement.
ronaldbernier865

Postby OverwatchNL » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:08 pm

ronaldbernier865 Wrote:

Kind regards

Totally agree - This is one feature of 1Password that I really like - OTP (one time passwords) can be generated either by an authenticator app (Authy, Google, LastPass Authenticator) and/or within 1Password. There are other reasons that I am moving away from 1Password but the built in OTP option is definitely a good one and one that I would like to see Lastpass implement.

Exactly, i didn't want to mention another password vaulting solution but there you go :D
OverwatchNL

Postby daveparrish453 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:54 am

I need this too.
daveparrish453

Postby daveparrish453 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:00 am

A search function within the authenticator app

I would really like a search option in the authenticator.
daveparrish453

Postby Lynxstrike » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:52 am

Hi...

I totally concur with the growing sites secured with 2FA and the difficulty to find the right one fast and easily with the current Lastpass Authenticator App.

The "search" and "auto-fill" features sound great. Hope you take the time to implement the soon!

Sincerely,

Oscar

PS... Also... if you could separate the "backup" (between Lastpass Authenticator app and Lastpass App) function in Android :)
Lynxstrike

Postby ataferner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:48 am

I have 45 entries in my Lastpass Authenticator app and the list is growing. A search or filter option to find the right code quickly would be awesome!
ataferner

Return to Feature Requests