LastPass Timeout issues

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass Timeout issues

Postby AMcDonald » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:32 pm

I'm a bit baffled by the options in Lastpass for timing out a sessions. The first one seems obvious. Log off LastPass when browsers close. Got it. I close Firefox and when I start it again (even if it's immediately), LastPass is logged off. Perfect.

The other setting is the one that's bugging me. If I set the "Automatically Log out after idle (mins)" to some value and turn it on it doesn't work the way I would expect it to.

Here are the two tests I did:
Set timeout to 1 minute
Wait, not doing anything in Firefox
LastPass times out and logs off.

That's exactly what I would expect to have happen.

Here's where things don't make sense:
Set timeout to 2 minutes
Exit Firefox
Wait 4 minutes
Start Firefox, still logged in.

Shouldn't it have logged out since it had been more than two minutes?

Even more annoying is that if I reboot the computer while LastPass is logged in, it's still logged in, even the next day!

So my options are to have LastPass log out every time I close Firefox or basically have it never log out. Option 1 is annoying and option 2 is dangerous.

Why can't the "Automatically Log out after idle (mins)" work based on time since it was last used, not the last time I moved the mouse in Firefox?
AMcDonald

Re: LastPass Timeout issues

Postby thusisbrad » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:27 pm

That's a good question and it's concerning that it's been over a month and you haven't received a reply. I have also noticed that I can leave my PC locked for an hour or more, then come back to it, and lastpass is still logged in on firefox- I can go to any site that I have credentials stored for, and lastpass will fill in the credentials.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the forest, but I have spent quite a bit of time looking for a setting to log me off after some amount of time and can't find it. If I'm idle for fifteen minutes or more, I don't mind having to enter my master password again. Have you come across any solution to your problem?
thusisbrad

Re: LastPass Timeout issues

Postby AMcDonald » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:39 am

I have not solved the problem. My only two options seem to be to close the browser and get logged off LastPass or leave the browser open so the extension will time out but if I'm logged on and I shut the computer down and turn it on the next morning I'm still logged on to LastPass.

I don't know why the extension can't check to see how long it's been since it was active and then either log off or stay logged on. That's how it used to work.
AMcDonald

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting