An annoying add-in that makes online worse

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

An annoying add-in that makes online worse

Postby jimaginator » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:33 am

I have had LastPass for 2 days now, and no matter how many times I log in, it still gives me the "You're almost done, just log in" message. It co-opts the browser and takes me to its page for logging in, as if that is the most important page. It isn't. What I want is for my browser to go to the home page that I WANT, not what it wants. After about 20 unnecessary log ins, I finally just turned off the add in. This seemed to be the only way to get it to start doing this. The IDEA of LastPass is a good one, but...
jimaginator

Re: An annoying add-in that makes online worse

Postby randyrock » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:25 pm

A brief correction " is a good one" should read "used to be before it got bought".
randyrock

Postby gwhit1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:16 pm

I totally agree this Add-In is NOW terrible- they need to get rid of the opening "almost done tab". I have been lastpass user for years and I am now looking for another password manager. The tab will stop opening if you want to keep their cookie which I do not! I clear cookies when I close out of my browser and don't want to keep any. I honestly doubt anyone from LogMeIn cares since the web is full of complaints about it since Q1 of 2018 and nothing has been done. I'm glad I didn't renew my subscription. Maybe go back to 1password.
gwhit1

Postby gwhit1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm

I agree the tab is irritating beyond belief. If you keep your cookies it will stop but I don't want to keep my cookies and clear them every session with my browser for security purposes. People have been complaining about it since early 2018 and nothings been done so it doesn't appear lastpass wants to even address the issue. Im looking for another password manager. Im glad I never renewed my subscription.
gwhit1

Return to Feedback