Lastpass 2FA asks way to many times to reauthenticate.

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Lastpass 2FA asks way to many times to reauthenticate.

Postby shutech » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:06 am

I use lastpass on several computers and I even use it in multiple Chrome user sessions on the same computer where I am logged in in chrome under different accounts.

I use Yubikey for 2FA.

I find that I have to re authenticate multiple times when I have checked remember me for 30 days. I will have sessions where I have used the computer opened up chrom and had to authenticate 2FA then I will shut off machine and when I turn it back on using the same Windows account and open up chrome under the same user account signed into chrome that it will ask again for my 2FA Authentication. I understand the need for security but this is getting overkill.

I also found out that if I dare to open chrome while offline, ( I am setting up Network equipment when not attached to a network, The 2FA Auth page will open up twice to three times as soon as I open the browser and will then every few minutes open up 1 to 3 reauthenticate pages interrupting my flow.

Right now because of 2FA it is getting to the point where the convenience of having a Password Program is negated by the constant nagging for the 2FA Re-authentication. Especially when there is a check mark to remember machine for 30 days but it cant remember it for 2 hours.

If I had to use Google Authenticator and pull my phone out as much as I do my Yubikey i would of launched Lasspass into the ocean by now.

Cleanup the 2fa Authentication it is boarding on maniacal on the way it asks to re-Auth so often.
shutech

Re: Lastpass 2FA asks way to many times to reauthenticate.

Postby jonat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Probably the same issue as in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=323665 Some people say that a newer version of LastPass fixes this. I have not verified that.
jonat

Return to Feedback