I just got an odd email ....

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

I just got an odd email ....

Postby kadeyk » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:20 pm

The email says it's from walker.barnes@logmein.com and reads as follows:

Good Afternoon,

We noticed you were not able to renew your LastPass account. We do not auto-renew, therefore please renew through the admin dashboard if you would like to continue. Please advise:

- Your account has been placed into a grace period, your account will be in this grace period for two weeks. If you do not plan on renewing we recommend you begin to migrate sensitive information off of your LastPass account as soon as possible.

- If your company requires a paper quote, you may send a request to our processing team – walker.barnes@logmein.com. This representative does not handle any technical inquiries or pricing requests.

Thanks!
Your LastPass Team

Our plan was renewed for another year back in April and I have the receipt to prove it. Not sure if this was an erroneously-sent email or if someone is maliciously sending fake emails pretending to be LogMeIn employees. Anyone else get this?
kadeyk

Re: I just got an odd email ....

Postby matthiaswagnerwy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:44 am

hy,

i received the same email. our account was renewed on april 19th, we have the receipt and it is also visible on our credit card payments list.
the email looks pretty suspicious.

* i tried to call the support in germany (since we are in austria) but once the computer voice told me that i will be connected, it stays quiet ...
* then i tried to open a support ticket here: https://support.logmeininc.com/de/lastpass - but it redirects back to the same page over and over

this is pretty annoying. can anyone please provide a working email address to contact the lastpass support? or will you answer here, how we should treat this email?

best,
matt
matthiaswagnerwy

Postby tomasv » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:39 am

I got the exact same mail too actually, even though our account renewed for a year back in February. The fact that the mail combines a real person's name (possibly hacked?) without any contact info in their signature, and the crappy quality of the LastPass logo leads me to believe this is some kind of pointless phishing attempt.
tomasv

Postby kadeyk » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:42 pm

EDIT/UPDATE: Good (?) news, I managed to get a hold of LastPass support and they informed me that the email is legitimate and was sent out in error by their billing department.

-----

@matthiaswagnerwy, I also renewed on the 19th. This is pretty worrisome because it could mean LastPass has been compromised and a batch of subscribers' info has been obtained from a specific time period. It might be a good idea to change all of our passwords and save them to an alternate location, as painful as that sounds.

I will try to call them as well.
kadeyk

Postby matthiaswagnerwy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:03 am

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for contacting LastPass Support! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Since you are Enterprise user, you have the privilege to talk to one of our representatives by going to your Admin Console > Support on the right corner of the screen.

I can also see that you purchased 10 licenses 2 months ago. To print or check your Billing receipts https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... r-lastpass

If we have answered your question, we will send you an email in the next few days asking for your feedback. We value your opinion and thank you in advance for taking the time to click on the survey link and let us know how your experience was with our team.

Thank you,

Michelle | Customer Support Analyst
LastPass
www.LastPass.com

Search our Knowledge Base

what an amazing answer from the support team... :?
* HELLO?? the support page does not work. this was also reported by numerous users on twitter (tweeted to their official support account)

it is time to start the transition to another password manager, since we see the prices of lastpass go up and up and the support go down and down.

anyway, i don't think it has to be a data breach necessarily and since everything should be end-to-end encrypted our data should be safe?

matt
matthiaswagnerwy

Return to LastPass Enterprise