Where is the customer support?

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Where is the customer support?

Postby dhughes107 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am

I have been trying for over a day to get in touch with someone, anyone, at Lastpass. I have submitted a couple support tickets and don't even get a notification that a ticket has been created, much less a response. I am literally trying to give them money, but am being stymied at every turn. How do I talk to some who will take my money for a subscription renewal? Or should I start looking for another service?
dhughes107

Re: Where is the customer support?

Postby biologybrodie467 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:03 pm

You don't. I have been in the same boat - I've tried emailing support@lastpass.com, creating tickets online, calling, and even tweeting to @LastPassHelp and @LastPass. I have not received a single response. Not even an automated notification that they have received my support requests.

I have been a customer for nearly 10 years, and have gotten two previous employers to adopt LastPass Enterprise. I am an IT auditor and consultant and I used to recommend LastPass Enterprise to clients on a routine basis. I say used to because I just cancelled my upcoming auto-renewal because of the complete lack of customer support.

Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy it is to migrate LastPass data to the free, open source password manager KeePass. Now I have it up and running on my mobile and desktop with no hastle. There is even an active support forum!

Plus I was pleased to read that KeePass hasn't been breached and passed an independent security review by the EU which found no vulnerabilities.

Easy switch. Easy decision.
biologybrodie467

Postby Lucky0077 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:01 pm

LastPass has outsourced Premium Support. I don't think it's right
Lucky0077

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:07 pm

Lucky0077 Wrote:LastPass has outsourced Premium Support. I don't think it's right

What are you talking about?
jpenny84

Postby TECH198 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:26 pm

The only reply i got back from Lastpass was when i found out i couldn't unsubscribe from marked posts on here.. lol

What a surprise... Their "quick" when it comes to their own stuff up's, but not anything else.

I'll try paying $36 a year, as i got got emailed saying my sub. is about to renew in accordance with the pricing update this year, but honestly, the only reason why i pay is for priority support... If i don't get ithat, then i'm moving down to 'free' which does what i need anyway..

Since i handle my own security & privacy myself and no company, the rest of the premium stuff i can easily live without.
TECH198

Postby w3 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:51 pm

Don't get your hopes up. Their Pro Customer Service sucks.

About a year ago, I had a real bad experience with their Pro Customer Service. It took almost a week for us to get my LastPass Pro unlocked again after I accidentally destroyed :o my key codes.

I was locked out of everything.

Their emails responded to me between about 12 to 30 hours after my last message to them. Not minutes, but hours. I couldn't believe it. Many of their questions were quite irrelevant to my situation. I am sure a short 5 minute conversation on the phone would have fixed my problem, or at least help me understand what I needed to get to them to insure I was the one authorized to make changes.

At the time, I managed about 10 websites. I was locked out of all of them. It really caused me pain. Of course they didn't care.

They are a security company. They NEED to be faster. To me an analogy would be that they are a fire fighting team on-call to put out fires, but when you call them in an emergency to tell them about a fire in progress, you need need them to respond in minutes. Instead, it felt more like they want you to make an appointment to talk to someone in 3 days, or tell you everyone is out of the office and wont be back until tomorrow. It is an incredibly inconsistent position.

My additional costs to deal with the fallout from that event were hundreds of times the cost of the software.

I switched from Keepass because of some limitations like lack of secure synchronization between different platforms and Lastpass had better integration with web sites. On the other hand, I did like that KeePassthey could handle much greater variation in the flow of logging into a web site even if it took more coding. LastPass is bad at that.
w3

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:34 pm

w3 Wrote:Don't get your hopes up. Their Pro Customer Service sucks.

About a year ago, I had a real bad experience with their Pro Customer Service. It took almost a week for us to get my LastPass Pro unlocked again after I accidentally destroyed :o my key codes.

I was locked out of everything.

Their emails responded to me between about 12 to 30 hours after my last message to them. Not minutes, but hours. I couldn't believe it. Many of their questions were quite irrelevant to my situation. I am sure a short 5 minute conversation on the phone would have fixed my problem, or at least help me understand what I needed to get to them to insure I was the one authorized to make changes.

At the time, I managed about 10 websites. I was locked out of all of them. It really caused me pain. Of course they didn't care.

They are a security company. They NEED to be faster. To me an analogy would be that they are a fire fighting team on-call to put out fires, but when you call them in an emergency to tell them about a fire in progress, you need need them to respond in minutes. Instead, it felt more like they want you to make an appointment to talk to someone in 3 days, or tell you everyone is out of the office and wont be back until tomorrow. It is an incredibly inconsistent position.

My additional costs to deal with the fallout from that event were hundreds of times the cost of the software.

I switched from Keepass because of some limitations like lack of secure synchronization between different platforms and Lastpass had better integration with web sites. On the other hand, I did like that KeePassthey could handle much greater variation in the flow of logging into a web site even if it took more coding. LastPass is bad at that.

LastPass has millions of users. Real time support would be cost prohibitive on the consumer side considering the price point. That's why only enterprise customers have access to a telephone number.
jpenny84

Postby otkam230 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 am

Has this problem always been? How much do you use these services? Not long ago became a user. If I have a problem with which I need help, will they ignore me?
otkam230

Postby w3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:43 am

Thank you for responding. And I can absolutely appreciate your valid perspective.

May I suggest considering the development of what should eventually become a substantially less expensive option, yet offer, incredibly improved customer service.

First, subject all of your past email based customer service transactions to deep data analysis with the specific purpose of decerning the best practice pathways a more automated responsive and online version of a customer support program could drive. Next, with appropriate exit/email points effort would require real customer service interaction only for the more unusual situations.

This would create world class customer service, and serve both LastPass and your security conscious clients, whether Enterprise or not.

Thanks for reading,
w3

Return to Feedback