Where is the customer support?

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Where is the customer support?

Postby dhughes107 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am

I have been trying for over a day to get in touch with someone, anyone, at Lastpass. I have submitted a couple support tickets and don't even get a notification that a ticket has been created, much less a response. I am literally trying to give them money, but am being stymied at every turn. How do I talk to some who will take my money for a subscription renewal? Or should I start looking for another service?
dhughes107

Re: Where is the customer support?

Postby biologybrodie467 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:03 pm

You don't. I have been in the same boat - I've tried emailing support@lastpass.com, creating tickets online, calling, and even tweeting to @LastPassHelp and @LastPass. I have not received a single response. Not even an automated notification that they have received my support requests.

I have been a customer for nearly 10 years, and have gotten two previous employers to adopt LastPass Enterprise. I am an IT auditor and consultant and I used to recommend LastPass Enterprise to clients on a routine basis. I say used to because I just cancelled my upcoming auto-renewal because of the complete lack of customer support.

Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy it is to migrate LastPass data to the free, open source password manager KeePass. Now I have it up and running on my mobile and desktop with no hastle. There is even an active support forum!

Plus I was pleased to read that KeePass hasn't been breached and passed an independent security review by the EU which found no vulnerabilities.

Easy switch. Easy decision.
biologybrodie467

Return to Feedback