LastPass too many problems...

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass too many problems...

Postby gigiroccia319 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:49 am

Extension problems with Firefox, obsolete extensions: not recognized due to lack of signature.
Once my account was deleted for no reason, it lost all passwords and all login details.
Unable to contact LastPass, there is no address to communicate with.
LastPass is not very efficient, the same service is offered by Google and Firefox for free, I think I will leave.
gigiroccia319

Re: LastPass too many problems...

Postby jpenny84 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:57 pm

The signature problem you experienced was with Mozilla and their certificate authority. It affected every single extension, not just LastPass. According to Mozilla, it should be resolved within the next few hours, if not already.
jpenny84

Postby mike808137 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:08 pm

A FIX IS AVAILABLE TO MOST USERS

Mozilla is rolling out a hot-fix. Official details from the Mozilla blog:
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

It should just start working again for most people with the latest updated version of Firefox.

It uses the "Studies" feature, which is an option in the Security & Privacy section (towards the bottom). It is turned on by default in most installs.
If not, you will need to enable "Studies" in the privacy options and Firefox should automatically pick up the hotfix being pushed out by Mozilla.
You can turn off studies after if you had it turned off.

If you are on an older version of Firefox, and there is no Studies option, you might try upgrading Firefox so that the Studies hotfix can fix the problem.
It may be also possible to manually install the hotfix XPI extension file.
https://storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate%40mozilla.com-1.0.2-signed.xpi

Nightly and test builds of Firefox have a configuration setting that can disable extension signature verification. The main production release doesn't.
The reason Mozilla signs addons is so that people can't trick you into installing an extension that can steal passwords from the browser or from the LastPass extension, for example.
They just screwed up by not having the replacement certificate already installed before this happened.
mike808137

Postby Bex » Tue May 07, 2019 3:20 pm

Thank you for sharing this information!
Bex

Postby ReviveQuality » Tue May 14, 2019 11:57 pm

jpenny84 Wrote:The signature problem you experienced was with Mozilla and their certificate authority. It affected every single extension, not just LastPass. According to Mozilla, it should be resolved within the next few hours, if not already.

I like how you only addressed the one issue he discussed.

Yes we know there was an issue with Fx, but that does NOT address all the other issues he's had with LP.

I'm also leaving.

You can continue to troll the forum telling EVERYONE that LP is great & you have no problems.

Soon you will be looking for a job b/c they won't be able to pay you.

Oh right, they can take money from their crappy LogMeIn coffers.
ReviveQuality

Return to Off Topic