Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

Postby LastPassTeam » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 pm

First, we want to start by thanking all of you for your valuable and honest feedback to the March UI update. Please rest assured, our team has heard your concerns loud and clear. We've been monitoring your feedback and putting together plans to address some of your concerns related to this recent update.

Below, please see an initial list of issues we are going to address. Our plan is to roll out these updates to all existing users over the next four weeks. The first update for the new UI will include the following changes:

• Bringing back “Favorites” to the extension dropdown: We removed “Favorites” from the extension dropdown menu but will be reintroducing it and it will work as it did previously.

• Update filling to eliminate manual copy-pasting: We are updating the new items, such as credit card expiration date and CVC code, to fill automatically along with the credit card number in order to eliminate the number of clicks required.

• Update Notes so they can be copied: We are fixing a bug that prevented users from copying their saved data in Notes, which is critical to the purpose of this feature.

• Update the Matching Sites List: We will be offering a better option to scroll through this list in a way that is easy to understand.

• Improve the right-click infield menu: We’re updating the action menu that appears when you right click on the infield menu to ensure that sensitive information is not shown.
In addition, we have rolled back the extension for many users that have been unsatisfied with the experience until we can address these issues.

We will continue working through your feedback and implement improvements throughout the year.

We apologize that this update didn’t live up to the standards that we all hold LastPass to, and we thank you again for voicing your feedback. One of our priorities in 2019 is to invest in and enhance LastPass’s core password management functionality of saving and filling passwords using feedback from customers like you. We acknowledge that there were things we could have done differently and should have been more judicious in making sure we user tested these changes with our power users. This is something we are committed to addressing going forward. As always, our support team is here to help if you have any questions.

- John Bennett, GM of Identity & Access Management at LogMeIn
LastPassTeam

Re: Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

Postby Av8rix » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 pm

LastPassTeam Wrote:In addition, we have rolled back the extension for many users that have been unsatisfied with the experience until we can address these issues.

How may I be added to the queue of folks who want to be rolled back. Must I start a ticket? I was just about to switch to Bitwarden when I saw this post. Thanks for any help you may offer for my rollback request.
Av8rix

Postby teancum144 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:59 pm

You took away the ability to get to my account (to view support cases) from the browser plugin icon.

-> select icon -> account options -> advanced ...

Now we have to open our vault > Account settings > Account information > My account

Please add this back as an option in the browser plugin icon menu.
teancum144

Postby jodzeee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 am

How do we roll back? This has really been a pain. It's not a case of not liking change, it's very hard to use. Sooooo many clicks, scrolling, and autofill doesn't always work. I'm a paying customer and would like to roll back.
jodzeee

Postby CeeCeeB » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:00 am

I would like to roll back too. Just gobsmacked at the lack of QA in this release. It's not as if the software development process is a brand new art form. There must be something seriously wrong in the management structure to allow this to happen. Very sad.

Like others have documented, the form fill inserts the birthday incorrectly by one day and the upgrade caused duplicated forms.

I really hope LastPass will return to the days when we loved using and recommending it.

Like others above have asked, how can I roll back until this fiasco is rectified?
CeeCeeB

Postby rodneybollinger139 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:07 am

Yes, rollback, or just fix the UI - this is too many clicks. We need favorites. Hey "Coders" KISS. Keep It Simple Stu..." Keep it simple. I am migrating to a new system that is stable and only improves security with out changing the UI. If you are getting board with your work then get a different job. Leave us alone. Just like Microsoft. I don't need to play with the OS - I just need an OS that works - always in the background. I have applications for my work and learning I don't need this stuff to consume my time to learn!
rodneybollinger139

Postby sblack8000 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:57 pm

I too would like to roll this thing back. I liked having a fill menu where I made several preset fills. I liked the interface and the changes up to the update before this one. I really liked lastpass and I have been throwing dollars at it now for a few years because I liked it. My pittance doesn't matter in the grand scheme, sure, but I'm reconsidering my options and recommendations to friends, family, the people I work with, and my boss. We were going to look at this seriously as a way to ramp up our internal security because of how simple and effective it is.

If I was Shatner I would be screeching Khan at you all right now.
sblack8000

Postby randynoah998 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm finding that the March UI update has significantly degraded the intuitive UI of LastPass. First, all of my cards were split into individual cards based on names, addresses, payment cards, etc. But in some cases the new cards are blank - and now not all of the information I need is in 1 place and I have to search for what I want. When trying to fill payment information, the card(s) I want to show are not visible while other cards now showing as separate payment cards do appear in the list. NOT Intuitive, NOT helpful, and overall makes for a seriously BAD experience. I too want to rollback!
randynoah998

Postby cygnusvismund » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:47 am

So, basically what you're saying is that the UI update needs to be completely rolled back (which it should be).

If you want to do an actual user interface update, that's fine... but don't go overboard and break everything good about LastPass while you're at it.

This is probably a case of either:
1. crappy A/B testing (or not enough of it... or none at all)
2. some new management that really wanted to "shake things up" (and broke it instead)
3. too many cooks, too many meetings, and/or too many goals about the "new, better, cooler UI".

As the great Ian Malcolm once said, "Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."
cygnusvismund

Postby imalastpasser » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:45 pm

Thank you for the update. Any idea when the updated UI with the "Favorites" tab will be deployed?
imalastpasser

Next

Return to Feedback