First, we want to start by thanking all of you for your valuable and honest feedback to the March UI update. Please rest assured, our team has heard your concerns loud and clear. We've been monitoring your feedback and putting together plans to address some of your concerns related to this recent update.
Below, please see an initial list of issues we are going to address. Our plan is to roll out these updates to all existing users over the next four weeks. The first update for the new UI will include the following changes:
• Bringing back “Favorites” to the extension dropdown: We removed “Favorites” from the extension dropdown menu but will be reintroducing it and it will work as it did previously.
• Update filling to eliminate manual copy-pasting: We are updating the new items, such as credit card expiration date and CVC code, to fill automatically along with the credit card number in order to eliminate the number of clicks required.
• Update Notes so they can be copied: We are fixing a bug that prevented users from copying their saved data in Notes, which is critical to the purpose of this feature.
• Update the Matching Sites List: We will be offering a better option to scroll through this list in a way that is easy to understand.
• Improve the right-click infield menu: We’re updating the action menu that appears when you right click on the infield menu to ensure that sensitive information is not shown.
In addition, we have rolled back the extension for many users that have been unsatisfied with the experience until we can address these issues.
We will continue working through your feedback and implement improvements throughout the year.
We apologize that this update didn’t live up to the standards that we all hold LastPass to, and we thank you again for voicing your feedback. One of our priorities in 2019 is to invest in and enhance LastPass’s core password management functionality of saving and filling passwords using feedback from customers like you. We acknowledge that there were things we could have done differently and should have been more judicious in making sure we user tested these changes with our power users. This is something we are committed to addressing going forward. As always, our support team
is here to help if you have any questions.
- John Bennett, GM of Identity & Access Management at LogMeIn