"Save password to LastPass?" for txt field on Android app

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

"Save password to LastPass?" for txt field on Android app

Postby bobrocklastpass » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:18 am

Is there a way to setup LastPass for Android to completely ignore specific apps on the phone?

I am using Kinemaster and when I fill in txt form fields LastPass is prompting me with following message: "Save password to LastPass?"

TIA for any advice how to troubleshoot this unwanted behavior
bobrocklastpass

Re: "Save password to LastPass?" for txt field on Android a

Postby james241 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Try Settings > AutoFill > App Settings > Kinemaster > Turn "Do not show fill window" check box on. This worked for me for Spotify.
james241

Postby bobrocklastpass » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:48 am

Thanks for suggestion, I have already test this setting option.
It works only partial. Indeed the autofill window doesn't show.
The problem is when i modify/alter value of text field it always prompt for option to store this value (as a password to LastPass)
This makes me in furious, this nagging ballot with proposition to store text to LastPass vault :(
Any other ideas? i don't want to turn off autofill service as it's really convenient.
bobrocklastpass

Postby MrEd » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am

This is an annoyance for me, too. I disabled the autofill popup, but it still asks me if I want to save password.
MrEd

Postby hshah » Sat May 04, 2019 9:05 pm

Same here and it's getting frustrating. It pops up in apps where there isn't any thing even close to a username or password and offers autofill options for a searchbox before asking to save what I've just searched for.

When someone selects do not show, they mean do not show... not at LastPaas's discretion.
hshah

Postby maryfisch559 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:32 am

Has anyone found a fix for this? Fitbit app on Android phone keeps asking me to save any text I try to log as a password. This started happened a few weeks ago. It is really frustrating.

I disabled the auto-fill popup but it still happens. All. The. Time.

TIA.
maryfisch559

Postby ischwartzinc999 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:52 pm

No fix here, but I thought I'd add my name to the list of users encountering this problem. Does anyone form LastPass monitor this forum?
ischwartzinc999

Postby coolfizzin » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:39 pm

I'm having the same problem with contacts apps, including the built-in Samsung Contacts app and Simple Contacts. Every time I go to the Edit Contact screen, even if I don't change anything, LastPass prompts me to save credentials. Turning off the fill window for these apps does not help at all.
coolfizzin

Postby asdfractal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:38 pm

I had this problem come up very recently, however it wasn't following an update. I decided to go through settings and turned on the beta autofill of addresses and credit cards. Turning these off completely removed this issue for me as far as I can tell, as it hasn't asked to autofill or save from Spotify, which was the main issue as I'm constantly using that app.

Try turn those off and see if it works. If they are off..well I don't know then.
asdfractal

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting