Windows client that isn't a joke

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Windows client that isn't a joke

Postby lordmethenor867 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:23 pm

I use LastPass on a lot of my windows program, but although I used to have premium, I always found lastpass for applications too annoying to use. This means that I usually have to search up the password manually in my vault, which I would be alright with, if LastPass gave me a different way to do. On the online version of the vault, there is no simple copy password utility, and I either have to wait for the password promt to load and manually enter it on the LastPass website or navigate through the browser to activate the extension. My other option is the Windows store app, which, while I personally like and even for use cases like these, prefer getting apps from the store, is awful. It hasn't gotten a design refresh in years, and it is featureless and unintuitive compared to the web vault.
Please, either update your windows store application as a modern UWP app or make a non-store application will one-click vault access.

Although this may seem like a small issue, when you are using lastpass for years and use multiple application passwords a day, it really adds up into a major annoyance.
lordmethenor867

Re: Windows client that isn't a joke

Postby PanicPug » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:58 am

Where can I like this? I'm all with you on the points you make. The applications for Windows are both horrible. A combination of the two might actually be somewhat decent, but the way they are now are plain horrible :?
PanicPug

Postby bc116 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:24 am

Agreed, serious upgrades to LastPass for Windows Desktop would be great. By far, the biggest complaint I get from users in my office is using it with desktop apps. We have apps that either tie to cloud services, or verify against a web account to confirm access...but are not going through a browser.

We have used LastPass for Applications...had frustrations, but worked. But that has now been left behind and is no longer available to download, or getting updates. So I'm testing the Windows Desktop version's Ctrl-Alt-F application auto fill feature. I posted a bug in the feedback forum...when auto-filling passwords, any % symbol in a password is being dropped, so the login fails. I had to change my passwords (replaced the % with an !) and now the auto-fill works correctly. But I find this app extremely cumbersome for launching websites...it would be nice to have a good, one-stop shop for launching everything. The browser plugins are great, when you're already in the browser.
bc116

Postby registration189 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 pm

If the Windows "store" version of LastPass was anything like the Mac version, I would be so much happier. You can't easily sort and categories on Windows like you can on the Mac's app, forcing me to use the Webclient on Windows. Yuck.
registration189

Postby brenda389 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:07 pm

It's just unusable! The icon for extension simply stops working all the time! Clicks have no action and it cannot read or write any page, it is really a joke, but a very bad one
brenda389

Postby becky441 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Same issue with this product. Recently, Lastpass just stops working - premium account - and i have to uninstall and reinstall. I have done this seven or eight times in the last two months. I'm ready to start looking for an alternative.
becky441

Return to Feature Requests