All passwords and usernames are gone

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Postby Maarten0 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi

I have changed my master password 2,5 days ago. After the change I did observe that all credentials are empty (only the URL are there, username and password fields and notes are empty). My vault isn't empty, there is only a lot of information missing. All my devices have the same issue, also at lastpass.com. This is a major issue since access to a 200+ sites are in this vault.

I can only guess what happened, perhaps corruption during the re-encrypting after I changed my password by Lastpass. LastPass support should look into this, but they didn't respond to my support ticket for last 48 hours as premium user. Hence am I trying my luck at this support forum.

Does anyone know if I can restore my vault to for example the one of last weekend myself?

Thanks Maarten
Maarten0

Postby Maarten0 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:18 pm

see post above
Maarten0

Re: All passwords and usernames are gone

Postby armandski997 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Same thing happened to me after restoring my old password. All my sites and vaults was made empty -

Is there any fix on this? I tried recreating, but problem is some sites I already forgotten password
armandski997

Postby Maarten0 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:21 am

When did it happen to you? Did you contact the LastPass support desk? I am still waiting for LastPass support. I sent them 2 follow-up queries.

The impact is really severe, I can't access most of my services. I need to start resetting my mandatory accounts soon, but it will cause a lot of headache and a few days of effort.

I must happened during the password update process, since LastPass is encrypting the missing username/password details with new password (the details not encrypted are still there).

I am tempted to revert my password to the last one used and see if my credentials will be restored. But I don't want to take any risks by modifying my vault. Hence am I waiting for the support desk since Monday.
Maarten0

Postby reno106 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:30 am

Same here after reverting password. :(
reno106

Re: Permanently deleted LastPass, but have a full system bac

Postby ChrisNashTN » Sun May 12, 2019 10:39 am

Hi...

I mistakenly permanently deleted my LastPass Account and all of my hundreds of usernames & passwords are gone. But I do have a full system backup on an external drive (not just of Windows 10, but ALL files on my computer) that I made BEFORE I deleted LastPass. If I erase my hard drive and then install this full system backup, will it restore LastPass, before I deleted the account, even though it'll just be files on my computer and not on LastPass's servers? Will my old Vault, etc., be back again?

Or would it be better to only restore certain specific files from my backup copy to my computer? If so, what are all the files and paths? Where are they located???

Is this all a possibility, or will this method not work?

Please Help!!! Thanks so much!!!!
ChrisNashTN

Postby kurohime7511 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Maarten0 Wrote:Hi

I have changed my master password 2,5 days ago. After the change I did observe that all credentials are empty (only the URL are there, username and password fields and notes are empty). My vault isn't empty, there is only a lot of information missing. All my devices have the same issue, also at lastpass.com. This is a major issue since access to a 200+ sites are in this vault.

I can only guess what happened, perhaps corruption during the re-encrypting after I changed my password by Lastpass. LastPass support should look into this, but they didn't respond to my support ticket for last 48 hours as premium user. Hence am I trying my luck at this support forum.

Does anyone know if I can restore my vault to for example the one of last weekend myself?

Thanks Maarten

this can be a sync issue, you can probably fix it by
1)Going to your LastPass Icon > More Options > Advanced > Refresh Sites for forcing a sync to your account.
2) clearing your local cache (LastPass Icon > More Options > Advanced > Clear Local Cache)
3)Log off and re-log or revert your account to its previous state. Check the data, and change it again.
kurohime7511

Postby marleen70486 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:50 pm

all my passwords and notes gone... how wonderful
marleen70486

Postby marleen70486 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:52 pm

it seems to have something to do with the chrome plugin - when I login via the website, all is there
marleen70486

Postby scilec258 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:58 pm

This has happened to me with the firefox extension (Version 4.29.0). I'm using Ubuntu 19.04.
My lastpass vault via the firefox extension suddenly thinks I have only 22 entries (I really have well over 100 entries).
If I log into lastpass.com, I can still see all of my entries.
I can still see all of my entries in the lastpass chrome extension.
I've tried the following to resolve this in the lastpass firefox extention:
Clear lastpass cache
Force re-sync with server
Log out of lastpass and then back in
Uninstall / reinstall lastpass extension

When I open My Vault via the firefox extension, lastpass STILL only shows 22 entries; most of which have never been used or are very old. All of my recent entries are gone.
Any ideas how to resolve this? This is a serious issue and I'm considering abandoning lastpass.
scilec258

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting