Removed Feature: Favorited Logins Listed First

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Removed Feature: Favorited Logins Listed First

Postby BrianLayman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:47 pm

One of the first things I do when sit down at one of my terminals is log into gmail.
I am a consultant with dozens of credentials to choose from for Google. Previous versions of LastPass allowed one to mark a login as a favorite (the yellow star under edit) and then those marked as such would be at the top of any list in which they appeared.

In practical terms this allowed me to list my main personal Google accounts listed as the first three. I could easily click on any of the first three and log in. Now I have to hunt through a long list of accounts just to log in and what is worse because one email address is replaced with the word "FILL" and another is off the screen I have to carefully scroll the list 1 address at a time.

I can understand how this change might be beneficial in a typical 1 account per 1 site situation, but it's really ugly for power users and consultants (who can and do recommend your product to a wide number of clients). It's made all the worse when the most common site to start your day with is the hardest to use.

(BTW it would be a great feature if when the list was open you could hit a number and that would be the account that would log in. Then you wouldn't even need to scroll, you could just tap the number of the login you want 1 through 0 and automatically be logged in from your choice of the top 10 favorite logins for that site)
BrianLayman

Re: Removed Feature: Favorited Logins Listed First

Postby mtz1of4lastpass » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:36 am

Yes, they hardcoded to Alphabetical instead.
You may want to start numbering your favorites, or Most Used
mtz1of4lastpass

Postby BrianLayman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:28 pm

Actually, that helps a lot. Thank you.
My initial reaction was that I would never want to do that, but this actually works and it is easier to set the order this way than to make certain that I am adding items to the favorite list in the right order.
It may be a momentary pain, but it is quite functional.

That makes this update usable again.
BrianLayman

Postby dsunde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:06 pm

You can get around this by using the URL Rules feature. It is not the best, but it works. Go into your vault, pull down on your username in the upper right, account settings, URL Rules tab (last tab on the right). Create a rule to only show the passwords that specifically match the URL.
dsunde

Postby BrianLayman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:20 am

I didn't know about this feature. Thanks!

I've actually come full circle on this change. I've realized that it is only an issue because for years the name field has been almost completely pointless, able to be ignored 9 times out of 10. NOW the name field is actually working appropriately and it solves a number of issues. It's an example of a fix causing pain for all of those who had discovered workarounds that worked. (Could there be a feature that turned the old sort order back on? Sure, but that's one more thing to maintain across the years. So I can see why they wouldn't want to add that.)
BrianLayman

Return to Feedback