Does not remember email address!

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Does not remember email address!

Postby tommyzulu » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:35 am

Since I installed the chome browser and the universal lastpass extension, when I open lastpass, I have to re-tick the box "remember email" every time -- otherwise on the next log in I have to add my email as well as my password!
windows 10, 1809, chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Lastpass Version 4.24.0

Before using this chrome/lastpass combination other browsers and chome earlier allowed one to ticked the "remember email" box once and it remained ticked unless you unticked it!
tommyzulu

Re: Does not remember email address!

Postby deadtrigger247 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:17 am

The same problem.

---------------------------
dead trigger 2 download
Last edited by deadtrigger247 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadtrigger247

Postby Nobodyfamous » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:13 am

I am also having the same issue. It started after a "Windows Reset" (never do one of those!)

I have LP 4.25.2 and Chrome 72.

If I check "Remember email" the next time I log in my email is remembered, but when I enter the password the second time, the "Remember Email" box is unchecked, and I have to remember to check it again. When I don't, of course the email is not remembered.
Nobodyfamous

Postby Nobodyfamous » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:13 am

I am having the exact same issue on a Linux (CentOS 7) install in Chrome again.
Nobodyfamous

Postby pebass » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Same problem here.

Using LastPass Chrome Extension 4.31.1 with "Native Messaging" enabled in Brave Versión 0.67.124 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Build oficial) (64 bits) in Ubuntu 18.04.3 with Kernel 4.15.0-55-generic x86_64.

And in another machine in work with all the same, but with Ubuntu 16.04 (also up-to-date) instead.

Thanks for your help. It's a very annoying bug having to fill email address -every- time I need to login and (for security reasons: the main goal of LastPass, I think) in work this is needed very often.
pebass

Postby SimplyChai » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:19 pm

This is an old thread, but I thought I'd post this here in case it helps anyone else on the net with this issue. What I did to resolve the issue is check the "remember password" option in addition to the "remember email" option. Toggling the "remember password" option seems to force LastPass to rewrite defective persistent data. Once this is done, close the browser, reopen it, and you should be able to remove the "remember password" toggle. The "remember email" toggle issue should be fixed at this point, and remain persistent when checked. I realize each situation is different, so this may or may not be of any help. Best of luck.
SimplyChai

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:23 pm

SimplyChai Wrote:This is an old thread, but I thought I'd post this here in case it helps anyone else on the net with this issue. What I did to resolve the issue is check the "remember password" option in addition to the "remember email" option. Toggling the "remember password" option seems to force LastPass to rewrite defective persistent data. Once this is done, close the browser, reopen it, and you should be able to remove the "remember password" toggle. The "remember email" toggle issue should be fixed at this point, and remain persistent when checked. I realize each situation is different, so this may or may not be of any help. Best of luck.

Thanks for the information. I've got the Chrome extension on one Windows machine doing this to me, and your solution seems to be working for me too.
jpenny84

Postby pebass » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:13 pm

SimplyChai Wrote:This is an old thread, but I thought I'd post this here in case it helps anyone else on the net with this issue. What I did to resolve the issue is check the "remember password" option in addition to the "remember email" option. Toggling the "remember password" option seems to force LastPass to rewrite defective persistent data. Once this is done, close the browser, reopen it, and you should be able to remove the "remember password" toggle. The "remember email" toggle issue should be fixed at this point, and remain persistent when checked. I realize each situation is different, so this may or may not be of any help. Best of luck.

This workaround worked perfectly for me in all systems and combinations that I posted early.

Thanks very much.

PD: and with this pointer in mind, I think it wil be much easier now for developers to fix this issue.
pebass

Return to Windows Installer Questions