Lastpass and email clients

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Lastpass and email clients

Postby denismp » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Does Lastpass support email clients like outlook or MAC OS mail? If so, how is it done?
denismp

Re: Lastpass and email clients

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:03 pm

LastPass does not directly integrate with email programs. There are standalone applications for Windows and Mac to help you easily retrieve the password.
jpenny84

Postby mirogi45 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Denismp how's your research so far? I went to my uncle to help installing the railings, diamondback tonneau cover and the wiring of led light bars for his truck. He mentioned about getting the a Lastpass-like app for MS Outlook as he like the LP for the rest of the applications on his laptop. Would appreciate any feedback on an app that works for you.
mirogi45

Postby denismp » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi,

I was not able to find a solution for entering a password into my mac mail via something like last pass. I think that you will have to use the paid version of something like https://protonmail.com. The non-paid version has to be used through a browser, which opens you up to hacking you password on the endpoints for a brief period until you get logged in. The paid version actually installs software on your local host that will handle the encryption of your password via your email applications such as outlook or the mac mail.

Please visit their site to get the most accurate information on this, but this is my understanding of how their software works. Please keep in mind that I haven't tried this myself and it has been some time since I last looked at it.

I hope this helps.
denismp

Postby amdrewgupta33935 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:48 am

That is what i wanted to do. Tried the way provided by @denismp but could not make it happen may be some standalone applications would work
amdrewgupta33935

Return to Off Topic