master password reset option does not work

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

master password reset option does not work

Postby pjotrbee » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29 am

Hi all,
I am super admin for a long time now, and have used the "master password reset" option a number of times.
But often the option does not work !
The manual says:
1, In the Admin Console, go to Users in the left menu.
2, Click on the email address of the user, then click the More icon ( ...) and select Super admin master password reset.

But the option is not visible in the list. Also when I first do "Destroy all sessions for selected user" the option will not appear.

However, when I click on the user name and then in the User-pop-up that appears click on the More icon (...) the option is visible there !
But when I click the option, I get the warning "Are you sure you want to ... " and after confirm the screen turns blank and is stuck.

What to do ?
pjotrbee

Re: master password reset option does not work

Postby davidpublo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:57 am

I have the same problem: "But when I click the option, I get the warning "Are you sure you want to ... " and after confirm the screen turns blank and is stuck."
davidpublo

Postby sysadmins439 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:41 pm

I haven't tried yet, but could it be a browser bug? Do you get different results using Chrome vs Internet Explorer for example?
sysadmins439

Postby davidpublo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:01 am

I tried it with Chrome and Firefox.
davidpublo

Postby MCBird » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:58 pm

I'm having the same result-I reset the Master Password for a user, and the screen goes blank and locks. Nothing that the user tries right now to reset their password is working.

One time, it did imply that a reset link went through, but the link didn't work. Maybe a problem in the LP system right now?
MCBird

Postby loach » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 am

Hi all,

the same here.. Master Password Reset could be done just with Microsoft Edge. Neither FF nor Chrome worked... Both are up to date. Today I can´t even open my vault in FF... :oops: :oops: :oops:
loach

Postby egbert412 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:27 am

I am Administrator and I added a new User. After inviting the new user he tries to change his masterpassword he gets the message "Your settings could not be changed, try again later. Error: please tell your administrator that all users marked as administrators must log into a browserextension in order to properly setup account recovery"
What can I do to help him?
egbert412

Postby LCE » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:00 am

Can confirm that "Master password reset" worked in Edge but not in Chrome. On Chrome all I see is a blank page, on Edge a dialog where you can specify the new password appears.
LCE

Postby egbert412 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:02 am

egbert412 Wrote:I am Administrator and I added a new User. After inviting the new user he tries to change his masterpassword he gets the message "Your settings could not be changed, try again later. Error: please tell your administrator that all users marked as administrators must log into a browserextension in order to properly setup account recovery"
What can I do to help him?

Problem solved (using Chrome). As Admin I was not flagged as super admin. After changing this user could reset his password.
egbert412

Return to LastPass Enterprise