New Chrome version logs you on automatically

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

New Chrome version logs you on automatically

Postby i28130 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:47 am

I use Chrome on my iMac at home and on a MacBook at work and login to LastPass every time

Twice in the last couple of weeks I noticed a very strange behavior:
When coming home at the end of the day and opening starting-up my iMac, after I launched Chrome I noticed the red logo of Lastpass.
The first time I though it was just a miss-representation from Chrome's cache but when I clicked on the logo, there I was, logged in my Lastpass vault

> I always shut down my computer before I leave and Chrome is configured to NOT store any password

I thought, ok: it's become such an automatism for me to logon when I open Chrome that maybe, I just don't remember doing it.
But then it happened again on Friday evening.
Not only I knew I haden't logged in yet and Lastpass was already available, but when I went to Youtube, there too I was logged in!!!!

This was absolutely not normal and quite worrying too.
I decided to take a closer look at Chrome's parameters:
- First, it was a new version (v70)
- Then, navigating through the security parameters I discovered a new feature which offers to carry passwords across your multiple devices and outrageously, this feature was activated!

I strongly encourage every one to regularly check all the security parameters of Chrome
i28130

Re: New Chrome version logs you on automatically

Postby harm001 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:19 am

Google is a serious privacy concern, beware! If you use ANY (Chrome OS, Android, Chrome Browser, Google Docs, Webpages, Add-ons and any others) of their services be sure to check all settings for privacy leaks.
harm001

Re: New Chrome version logs you on automatically

Postby dulemcseLP » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 pm

@i28130

If you have the plugin installed, by default LastPass keeps you logged in to the browser plugin for two weeks. If you want LastPass to logout instead of remain logged in, enable these settings:

1. Automatically logoff when browsers are closed*: go to your LastPass Icon > Preferences > General and check the box for 'Automatically Logoff when all browsers are closed'.

2. Automatically logoff when the computer turns off: go to your LastPass Icon > Preferences > General and check the box for 'Automatically Logoff when all browsers are closed' > set the time to 0 minutes.

3. Automatically logoff after the computer has been idle*: go to your LastPass Icon > Preferences > General and check the box for 'Automatically logoff after idle'.

4. Automatically logoff online: Change the time limits in your online account settings, under your LastPass Icon > My LastPass Vault > Account Settings link > General tab > Show Advanced Settings > Website auto-logoff timeout.
*This setting must be enabled individually for each browser plugin, in every browser where you have LastPass installed.

If LastPass doesn't seem to be respecting the autologoff settings:

- Check your cookie settings -> https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=7006
Cookies must be enabled for LastPass in order for your browser to remember your preferences.

- In Chrome, make sure that Chrome is completely exiting the browser. Please see how to check and enable this here -> https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=3846

- If Automatically logoff when idle seems to be failing, please follow the advice here: -> https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=5546

- If you use LastPass for Applications and 'Share login state between browsers' is enabled, your browsers will automatically share the login state with LastPass for Applications. Either, disable 'Share login state between browsers' or enable automatic logoff in LastPass for Applications. By default, LastPass for Applications starts when your computer starts and will maintain its login state from the last session. To disable this default behavior, go to LastPass for Application's Preferences, to enable automatic logoff.
dulemcseLP

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting