Help My password works everywhere except for LastPass app

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Help My password works everywhere except for LastPass app

Postby mhendon74568 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:10 pm

I recently downloaded the Mac app from the app store, and it returns 'error: invalid password' when I attempt to log in. I am absolutely certain that my username is correct and I am typing my master password correctly and that caps lock is not on, etc. Login to the web app and the Safari extension work fine. Anyone else seen this or have a fix?

– macOS 10.13.3
– mid 2016 MacBook Pro

So, my password works everywhere except for LastPass.app.
mhendon74568

Re: Help My password works everywhere except for LastPass ap

Postby mhendon74568 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:40 am

I recently downloaded the Mac app from the app store, and it returns 'error: invalid password' when I attempt to log in. I am absolutely certain that my username is correct and I am typing my master password correctly and that caps lock is not on, etc. Login to the web app mybkexperience and krogerfeedback the Safari extension work fine. Anyone else seen this or have a fix?

– macOS 10.13.3
– mid 2016 MacBook Pro

Please help and give me any proper solution
mhendon74568

Postby mikeywong10879 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:08 am

I, too, am having this same issue. I can log into my Firefox lastpass extension just fine with my master password, can log into lastpass.com perfectly fine, but I cannot log into my iOS lastpass app. I am quite certain that I am using the correct password. In fact, I even copy pasted the password that I successfully used to log into my Firefox extension into the field for my iOS app.

I have deleted and reinstalled the iOS app, power cycled the phone, but still no dice. Any ideas?
mikeywong10879

Postby tlong252 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:31 pm

I too am having a similar issue. My password works in Chrome to log me into LP and even works on some sites. But for others, like Chase, AmEx, etc., when I try to login to the prompt screen, I get an error message and can't get LP to fill in my unique password for that site. Any solutions for this?
tlong252

Postby krogerfeedbackred849 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:36 pm

mhendon74568 Wrote:
I recently downloaded the Mac app from the app store, and it returns 'error: invalid password' when I attempt to log in. I am absolutely certain that my username is correct and I am typing my master password correctly and that caps lock is not on, etc. Login to the web app and kroger feedback the Safari extension work fine. Anyone else seen this or have a fix?

– macOS 10.13.3
– mid 2016 MacBook Pro

Please help and give me any proper solution

Looking forward for the solution.
krogerfeedbackred849

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting