Users not seeing shared folders

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Users not seeing shared folders

Postby elder2018 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:35 pm

I have setup several shared folders and assigned permissions to a group. The group contains 3 users. I'm the only one that sees the shared folders. Nobody in the group is seeing the shared folders. Now, if I assign the user to the Shared Folder, they can see it. From what I've read, you are supposed to be able to add users to a group, then assign permissions to the shared folder to the group.
elder2018

Re: Users not seeing shared folders

Postby beda » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:46 am

Have a similar problem. Some users in a group does not get access to the Shared folder assigned to the group where some does.
beda

Postby eross » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Similar issue here - happens in a random way. We resolved this by adding those users manually - but this should not be a proper solution.
Any info here?
eross

Postby theenterpriser » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:46 am

I have the exact same problem. Some users don't even see it when you share it directly with them. Support has had us do everything from deleting and recreating the user which actually worked in one instance, deleting and recreating the shared folder, unsharing and resharing, creating sharing keys, refreshing the plugin, accessing the folder and having the other user login afterwards so the cryptography updates to allow the new user. None of it is actually a consistent fix and support clearly has no understanding to provide on why this is. If this problem is never fixed I don't think we'll be using it for long.
theenterpriser

Postby kristin595 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Have been experiencing the same issue trying to get a coworker to be able to see a shared folder. We have tried everything so far short of deleting and recreating her account, which seems like an absurd escalation. Considering sharing passwords is what LastPass is meant to do. Their support is also really slow at getting to requests, which is unfortunate considering the cost.
kristin595

Postby quazipseudo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Same problem. Set up family account, got wife set up and connected. On her end, the shared folder is there, but can't see anything in the folder, weather looking at the folder itself, or looking at a category like Passwords. Can't find any settings anywhere that allow for changing anything.
quazipseudo

Postby mariettej397 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:02 am

same problem here
mariettej397

Postby bosspublic351 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:45 am

elder2018 Wrote:I have setup several shared folders and assigned permissions to a group. The group contains 3 users. I'm the only one that sees the shared folders. Nobody in the group is seeing the shared folders. Now, if I assign the user to the Shared Folder, they can see it. From what I've read, you are supposed to be able to add users to a group, then assign permissions to the shared folder to the group.

This may be helpful https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=4526
bosspublic351

Return to LastPass Enterprise