Win Chrome extension not logging in

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Win Chrome extension not logging in

Postby johnpar88 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:46 pm

This is a new one for me:
Using the Chrome extension, when I now try to log in, I enter my password and the login in doesn't work - no error message, I just hit return, the login popup disappears and the LastPass icon stays black (logged out). I have tried removing and reinstalling the extension (reinstall works with no errors) but it stays live this.

Here's the lead-up to this issue:
    In the last 24 hours, when logging in, the LastPass icon kept turning yellow and giving me the message "LastPass was unable to contact the login server, so you are now in offline mode. Some functionality may be limited". My internet connectivity was fine and my phone app (using my home WiFi), could connect at all times)
    After uninstalling/reinstalling as stated above, this issue changed to the login being ignored.
    I'm using Win 8.1 with Chrome ver. 68 64-bit. When I install the extension using the admin account, it works. But in my (everyday) user account, it doesn't, I get the situation described above.

Is there any way to repair? Thanks for any help.
johnpar88

Re: Win Chrome extension not logging in

Postby FlyingHawk » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:32 pm

This is probably a connectivity issue. Not necessarily your Internet connections' problem, but it may be LastPass server's problem.

Before the re-install, the extension could still access the local cache, so logged you in offline. After the re-installation, the cache is gone, so the extension cannot log you in unless it's able to communicate with LastPass server.

You may open a support ticket to inquire their server status.
FlyingHawk

Postby johnpar88 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. I got the issue resolved by uninstalling the extension on my browsers, then uninstalling LastPass from the Control Panel (I had the binary component installed). After rebooting and installing everything again, it's working.
johnpar88

Postby chess » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 am

I had this same thing happen to me on Win 10 Pro 64 bit last night and tried uninstall of both chrome and lastpass - but I see you uninstalled lastpass from control panel - which I didn't do (I'm also running binary) so will give that a try. THANKS!
chess

Return to Windows Installer Questions