WTF plugin devs?

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

WTF plugin devs?

Postby Hexile » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:12 pm

Once in a while i used to get sync errors and as a very busy person it wasn't unusual to have an exclamation mark for a while before fixing it by manual updating.
No problem there.

What really bothers me is that the plugin NEVER announced the service expiration.
Many plugins open a new tab when they have been updated, or they have CRITICAL news, this I'm fine with.
I just wish Xmarks would've done the same. This has just been like a middle finger shown to me. Thanks, I guess...

I have lost 10 years of bookmarks and it was tedious enough to move my oldest pile from CometMarks when BitComet decayed.
Yes some of them will have expired, some will be moved to different site/platform. but roughly 95% was still usable.

Feel free to lock the topic but if this topic is removed, I'll leave lastpass and logmein for good.
Hexile

Re: WTF plugin devs?

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:40 pm

They sent at least two emails over the course of several weeks announcing that Xmarks was being shut down. It may not have been possible to generate a message though the extension that you desired.
jpenny84

Re: WTF plugin devs?

Postby Hexile » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:04 am

Those 2 emails were labeled spam, so i actually never saw them. Gmail had a moment of derp it looks like.

Some bookmarks I can technically restore from backups, but it is an extremely tedious process because the bookmarks aren't immediately usable and it will be missing something like 60% or more...

It may not have been possible to generate a message though the extension that you desired.

If others can do it, so could they. A new tab, a popup. anything, pretty much from the plugin would have worked.
Hexile

Return to Xmarks