My Account Has Been Hacked Need Urgent Help

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

My Account Has Been Hacked Need Urgent Help

Postby AfxTwn » Sat May 05, 2018 3:15 am

Hi, my account has been hacked and the person has changed my master password and email as now when I try to login it says I am an unknown user but I am still receiving emails from LastPass warning me that someone has attempted to log in from an unknown device so I'm not sure how that works. My Gmail account was also hacked by the same person but I have managed to regain control of that and change the password but I really need to delete my LastPass account urgently.

I have opened a support ticket with LastPass but so far have had no response. Looking through this forum it looks rare that LastPass moderator's or staff actually reply to anyone's posts so I am unsure what to do next but the longer this situation goes on then the more this hacker is able to take advantage of it and have access to everything I use a password for and my financial details.

Please can someone from LastPass get back to me urgently and help me delete my account.
AfxTwn

Re: My Account Has Been Hacked Need Urgent Help

Postby jpenny84 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:17 am

See FAQ articles regarding compromised accounts and recovering a lost or forgotten master password for recovery options:

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=5325

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=375
jpenny84

Re: My Account Has Been Hacked Need Urgent Help

Postby AfxTwn » Sat May 05, 2018 9:33 am

Yes I have seen both of those articles but unfortunately LastPass no longer recognises my email address and say's it's unknown so I can't recover my account. The suggestion when your email address has been compromised is to create a new LastPass account and start again creating new passwords. I am currently going through all the websites I visit and changing the passwords and have had to set up new email accounts. I won't be using LastPass again as this has proven it's not particularly secure and as per usual with everything being online, there is no technical support available on a helpline number so you're stuffed if you can't fix it online.
AfxTwn

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting