HBOGO, Showtime, Spectrum, Optimum etc.

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

HBOGO, Showtime, Spectrum, Optimum etc.

Postby jack782 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:01 am

I thought for sure the forums would be filled with this topic as it has plagued me for a couple of years now. Couldn't find a thread.

Whenever I need to log into HBOGO or SHOWTIME or any cable service provided service the "sub" logon thwarts the ability to reuse saved info. Has anyone discovered a workaround for this problem? At these sites your basically directed to sub window of your provider like Spectrum (time warner cable) or Optimum then those credentials are verified by HBO, Showtime or similar for access. I've never been able to make LastPass work properly. It's not a browser issue or cache, I've tried it all over the place in many different configurations.
Thanks for any guidance.
Jack
jack782

Re: HBOGO, Showtime, Spectrum, Optimum etc.

Postby Marooned » Sat May 16, 2020 3:10 pm

2 years has passed and still no answer nor solution?

I enter https://hbogo.pl/ and login form is an iframe with src https://gateway.hbogo.eu/... No matter if I save credentials for hbogo.pl or gateway.hbogo.eu domain (default as saved by LastPass), LastPass can't fill the fields. In inputs it shows correct value (I have 2 set of credentials, it shows "2"), but in the menu there are no matches and even if I click on magnifying glass and search hbo and click FILL, inputs are not filled.

Is there no solution to that?
Marooned

Re: HBOGO, Showtime, Spectrum, Optimum etc.

Postby Marooned » Mon May 18, 2020 12:00 pm

[not able to edit my post above]
In addition to the above, LastPass is asking me every time if I want to save provided credentials after login even if I have them, as stated above.
Marooned

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins