Copy Password to clipboard in browser

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Copy Password to clipboard in browser

Postby gregorycwolff » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:35 am

With the LastPass App, you can easily copy a sites password to your clipboard and paste it into another app/site. However, when logged into the LastPass website and viewing my vault, I must edit the site (which I am not really editing), then view my password and copy it from there. I would like the LastPass browser Vault to allow a single click to copy the password to my clipboard. I only ask this, because my work computer does not allow extensions and add-ons into Chrome. However, I can access my vault.

Thank you for your consideration.
gregorycwolff

Re: Copy Password to clipboard in browser

Postby powysbiker » Thu May 10, 2018 10:50 am

I have been a premium subscriber for some years but this is becoming a show stopper for me as well because I am now forced to use browsers without the extension installed more frequently. If this simple feature can't be added then I may have to look for another password manager. :(
powysbiker

Postby WillyT36106 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:26 pm

This would be a great addition to LastPass. Many of us are in the same position where we can't use extensions at work, etc. Plus, I honestly just removed the Firefox extension at home because it never worked reliably... would prefer just copying a password and pasting into a site. If you have this functionality on a mobile app, you should have it on your main browser-based site. Thanks.
WillyT36106

Postby mf360 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 pm

I really need this feature also. I'm using the Lastpass extension on all my browsers, but I am manually copying passwords to other applications (like VPNs and commercial simulation tools) multiple times every day.
The current process is so cumbersome and it could be so simple. :(
/Morten
mf360

Postby juliane783 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:55 am

I also would like to have this feature as it is annoying if you don't want to install Lastpass, eg.g. if you are using another PC etc. Is this even somebody reading from Lastpass?
juliane783

Postby Trigger » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:29 am

Ditto. This has been requested frequently in the forums. It is very common for employers to block or prohibit browser extensions and usage of outside software. The workaround is to copy and paste from LastPass.com, but the UI makes this very tedious. It should work similar to LastPass Pocket's click-to-copy feature.
Trigger

Postby Trigger » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:26 pm

I submitted a support case pointing out that this feature has been requested numerous times in the forums, and I asked for a target release date. The response was that they have filed it with the development team. They did not provide a planned target date, nor did they confirm whether it is on the road map at all. I've just canceled my LastPass renewal and switched to Keeper Security. Keeper's UI is much friendlier for those of us who have to use the browser vault.
Trigger

Postby AlTesting » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:34 pm

I just posted a similar question. It's weird that they haven't implemented anything like this. Eight steps to copy a password.
AlTesting

Postby rossquinnell90 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:46 pm

This feature already exists, If you have the add on installed, you just need to click on the Lastpass icon, then search for the account details, click on the spanner icon and it's there in the list.

However I noticed this only seems to be working for Google Chrome and not Firefox.
rossquinnell90

Postby Karuhanga » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:55 am

Important request
The firefox extension doesn't even have the copy password option like the chrome one does.
Karuhanga

Next

Return to Feature Requests